Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Jaguar with 400 verado

Picked up this boat 3 weeks ago. I know have 12.2 hours on it with some fishing. I came out of a 2017 Jaguar with a 350 verado. The new hull is impressive all the way around. It lifts better especially at mid speeds. Ride is better but the other hull was excellent so this is like splitting hairs. I prefer the new front deck as it may look similar but it is longer. Fishing off this rig is a true pleasure. The docking light on the bow actually is quite bright and useful in the dark at idling speeds. The hole shot is better although I have a hydraulic plate on this one and did not on the 2017. Top speed so far in 82.5 but that is real world load and not light. That is running a bravo 1 26. I got Garmin in the trolling motor and graphs. I am very happy with this. The graphs are the 106 ultra and very easy to use with great built in maps. The trolling motor is very strong and the wireless foot control is just as responsive as the cable driven ultrex which I had. The motor is much easier to deploy and pick up. Rick really put all his fishing knowledge into this hull as everything is user friendly. If you are in the market for this size bass boat I think you will not find a better large bass boat. Also, for whatever reason the two 30 gallon rear tanks they did not put that liner in it so you can actually see the fuel levels so you don't have to wonder if your fuel gauges are accurate. On the verado it is the same reliable turn key start that is smooth and powerful The power steering is better. The old verado had a slight constant right hand turn that required constant correction at speed in a straight line. It was not that bad but it did annoy me. The steering now tracks straight as an arrow as it should. The rear storage on the new hull is much bigger and useful. The rod bow lids are smaller but the lockers themselves are not much smaller. The lids were made smaller so you can open the boxes without moving your rods already on the front deck. The cockpit on the new hull is slightly larger. I really liked the 2017 and did not think I would upgrade but Rick has built an even better hull.

IMG_0929 (1).jpg

Tell us more! Pretty envious of your nice boat
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I'm all ears.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

4. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    It is a magnificent piece. No question Rick pulled out all the stops. Come on Powerball! LOL
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

It sure is a dandy.

7. Member
    super nice ride sir

8. Member
    Awesome looking rig, congrats.

9. Member
    Agree with everything you said with regard to the Jaguar. Mine is awesome as well. Can find nothing about the boat that I don’t l8ke.

10. Member
    Mike, I’m rather interested in a little more detail regarding your Garmin equipment. I’ve been hearing some not too flatteringly comments about them. Specifically the peddle on the T/M and having to change power and transducer cable on the graphs for a decent signal. I have my reasons for the question! I’ll P/M if you wish!

My question was for iron banks!! Forgive my confusion!
    Last edited by Cbumpilori; 10-26-2020 at 03:07 PM.

I drove this boat a couple of weeks ago and it's an amazing boat. I can't see any other boat out performing this one. I'm ready to get back in the boat and catch some fish. Hopefully we'll hook up soon.

12. Member
    And, love that color scheme!!

13. Member
    How do you like that grab rail? I grabbed one today and that sucker was cold. I like the lighted ones better.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    How do you like that grab rail? I grabbed one today and that sucker was cold. I like the lighted ones better.

I like it just fine. It just is not that important to me. One thing is it is solid whereas the other style did move some with weight on it. For me it would not matter ether way.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I like the new metal one better than the old just from an aesthetic perspective.

The aluminum handle is definitely an upgrade.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

17. Member
    Very cool, congrats on the fantastic rig!

18. Member
    Nice Jag. The Jag would definitely be on my short list if my garage was longer.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    Mike, I’m rather interested in a little more detail regarding your Garmin equipment. I’ve been hearing some not too flatteringly comments about them. Specifically the peddle on the T/M and having to change power and transducer cable on the graphs for a decent signal. I have my reasons for the question! I’ll P/M if you wish!

My question was for iron banks!! Forgive my confusion!
    i have got the same equipment and I have had ZERO issues with the trolling motor or graphs. The pedal I hard wired it (didn’t want to worry about batteries). It is super responsive and I’d say the most powerful on the market. Garmin did it right. As for the ecomaps, the units are great, you do want to make sure you cradle them right other than that no issues. Easy to use, and update. My biggest thing I can say about garmin that I didn’t like about other brands, is when they come up with something new they arnt devaluing your current model to get you to buy them. Garmin came out with the megahertz transducer and you buy the transducer and update your unit it’s good to go. I know there are a lot of victims that are buying units every year and half to keep up with the latest and greatest. And selling there old ones for nothing.

we need more pics please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast