Ionic lithium battery owners step inside. I have a question

I own two 50 amp Ionic lithium batteries that power my MinnKota Ultrex. I generally fish 5 to6 hours per trip. When I get home and look at the Ionic app on my phone my batteries show between 85 to 92% left in the battery. Should I charge after every trip even though I have a lot of power left or is it Okay to skip charging and charge every other trip? The charger I have is an Ionic charger.

2. Member
    You don't have to charge. The battery cells don't have memory, so no damage. Only thing to keep an eye on is running them really low and then not charging right away. If you leave them in that state they can self discharge below the minimum voltage and at some point the charger can't recover them. But that is the extreme case of running them dead and leaving them to sit for months.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have the same setup (ultrex, 2 Ionic 50ah), also charge about every 3rd trip but that depends power that is left over....your alright leaving them after a trip or two....like mentioned above do leave it to low and get caught on the water with nothing.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I have a 36 volt ultrex and have 3 100 amp I have fished 4 days before I charge them so no you don’t.

5. Member
    Based on the above, what would a non tourney angler need for 6-7 hours of fishing with a 36 volt Ultrex?
    One 50ah?

No!! 3 50AH 12v batteries to post above.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Based on the above, what would a non tourney angler need for 6-7 hours of fishing with a 36 volt Ultrex?
    One 50ah?
    I'd say depends on your fishing style......multiple days in a row, heavy wind, current, etc..........the 50ah may work or you may have to move up to the 100ah.....we can help but ultimately you need to figure out which is the best.

Give Drew a PM, call or text and he can help steer you in the right direction......

http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=83033
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS