COMBINE YELLOW WAKE UP WIRES?

need advice on my 2 hds carbon 9 at console. i want to run power positive and negative directly to house battery with fuses, would like to simply twist together and combine the yellow wake up wires of both power cords ,hook that up to blue seas fuse block. is this a reasonable way to re wire my existing setup. i use modules on both units.
    reason for doing this is that i get momentary power /voltage drop to my head units on starting up engine battery's i thought just direct connection to a separate house battery would correct that. currently have red, black,and yellow wires going to fuse block at separate fused connections.
    any advice appreciated.
    thanks
    john

I must not be following something in your description. Why exactly are you talking about hooking the yellow wake-up wires to a fuse block? In other words, what do you intend to accomplish by this?

The wake-up wires connect to component's, which have their own power source, but use the head unit wake-up wire as a switch to automatically start the component when the head unit is turned on.

3. Member
    That's also why I didn't post. If you have a module or something that needs to power on with the HDS units, the yellow wires from each get used. If you are running the HDS with no module, the yellow wire is not used. If you have multiple HDS units, only 1 yellow is needed to turn on a module. But if both are used, then either HDS would turn on the module.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Yes, I just wire my yellow wires to the positive wire, therefore if it is powered it is on.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    That's also why I didn't post. If you have a module or something that needs to power on with the HDS units, the yellow wires from each get used. If you are running the HDS with no module, the yellow wire is not used. If you have multiple HDS units, only 1 yellow is needed to turn on a module. But if both are used, then either HDS would turn on the module.

NoCAL
    Well if NoCal was scratchin' his head...I don't feel so stupid now. Of course, thought maybe I was fixin' to learn something new.

6. Member
    The yellow wire for Lowrance is the same as a remote turn on lead (Blue wire) on a car stereo that is used to turn on an amp. You will only use it if your are connecting an SS3D module, sonic hub, etc.

7. Member
    thanks guys for clearing this up for me.
    when i first got the boat yellow wires were on the blue seas fuse block, positive side, individual fused,with a 5 amp blade fuse for each.
    to simplify my wiring i thought i could just combine both yellow wires, connect to my positive battery post directly with red positive wire.
    Stretch1 really clears it up for me. gonna put both wires together on positive post, blade fuse 5 amp to positive post red wire.
    label on the power cord looks like 3amp ATC,but boat was wired with 5 amps i will go with that, unless someone can clarify fuse size for me,HDS carbons.

john

I'm gearing up to provide a dedicated sonar power distribution system in my boat. I'll be using a Blue Seas fuse block and each sonar unit will have it's own fused circuit. Also, my structure scan module, NMEA backbone and Point 1 GPS will have their own fused circuits. I will install a master switch on my console that will cut power off to the fuse box and assure everything is OFF. The yellow "trigger" wire on my structure scan module will receive power when my sonar master console switch is turned on.