Last Year's Stage 14.92 Ft.
    Today's Historic Normal Stage 5.41 Ft.
    Today's Historic Max Stage 14.63 Ft.
    Today's Historic Min Stage 3.60 Ft.
    Latest Pool Level 14.15 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change +0.15 Ft.
    Last Year's Pool Level 15.41 Ft.
    Latest Flow 68,912 CF

We are watching the weather and hoping to get out one more time. Some of our favorite lakes should be more fishable with some water in 'em. To all of you ... stay safe - stay healthy - be smart & keep your family close.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Looks like Wed-Thurs next week will work as temps are to be around 60. Is Carroll County still serving meals inside? We always like a nice breakfast and this time of year it seems like the fish are willing to wait for a little "warm-up". This time out we will be adding StaBil to the fuel tank and calling the 2020 season. We have inside storage so it doesn't get fully "winterized". The lower unit was serviced a month ago with a new pump and lube oil.

We found a shop to reupholster the seats and are very happy with the plan. We just have to remove the seats and reinstall. So the job will be done probably before 2021 arrives. .. but no rush is necessary. Estimates on this job were wildly different. We found a You Tube video that shows how the remove the seats and it was very helpful.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 10-29-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

If you have indoor storage I'd have to think that fresh gear lube in the LU and Sta-bil in the remaining fuel should be all that's needed. I fish all Winter long now that I'm further South, but having lived my first 40 years in Chicago, I vividly remember going through the "Winterizing" process at the end of the last Fall fish'n trip. I would usually try to do it at an out of the way boat ramp, where I could leave the boat on the trailer with the LU in the water while I fogged the cylinders and ran the gas out of the engine. I'd then pull the boat home and drain the LU and refill with fresh gear lube and add a fuel stabilizer to whatever was left in the tank. That was back in the days before oil bath bearings, so I would normally replace bearings, races, and repack with grease every other year......and then that loooooong few months of torture would ensue until mid March when the power plant lakes would start to open....I'm sure glad those days are over..��

Surface temp 43 deg. water fairly clear - stained - getting ready to head in and bumped a log and popped the shaft on the minn kota. So, off to the shop for some remedial work.
    Going to lay it up for the winter and get the seats redone and the TM back in service. Gotta love it.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Member
    How was the fishing? Heading out tomorrow to enjoy the nice weather and get the boat wet one last time

Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Surface temp 43 deg. water fairly clear - stained - getting ready to head in and bumped a log and popped the shaft on the minn kota. So, off to the shop for some remedial work.
    Going to lay it up for the winter and get the seats redone and the TM back in service. Gotta love it.
    Actually, fishing was OK - we caught some but no giants except for a couple of northerns that share one of our favorite places. Slimy, toothy fun to catch, baitwrecking fish.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

7. Member
    Today wasn’t too bad for me, caught 12 largemouth with my best 5 pushing 14#, there was not too many boats out either which was a big surprise