Bass Boat Fishfinder & Trolling Motor Selection and Setup

I purchased a new Tracker 195 TXW that came with a Minn Kota edge TM and a Lowrance HOOK Reveal 5. Eventually I want to add a fishfinder/chartplotter to the bow and replace the console unit and replace the trolling motor. I am very interested in the Minn Kota Ulterra TM with spot lock which makes the Humminbird HELIX look pretty attractive. Am I on the right track with my setup? Thinking about a Helix 7 Mega SI G4n at the console and a Helix 9 DI G4n on the bow. Will the Helix networked share Navionics charts? If not do most have charts on the bow unit and the console? I will have to swap the transducer mount from the Lowrance to the Humminbird so does anyone know if the holes will line up the same? I am open to other brands too. Thanks for your help.

Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

For full connectivity to a Humminbird unit, you need the iPilot LINK version Ulterra. LINK is an Ethernet connection.

There isn't a G4N Helix 7. G4N's start with the Helix 8. Refer to the Humminbird website.

Helix units do not share mapping, SOLIX units do.

No the transducer mount holes do not match. Even all the Humminbird transducer mounts are not the same with the same hole pattern.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne P.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders