Banned

Trolling motor Trade-in?

I have no idea where to put this, but I figured since I am in Oklahoma I would start here. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells Minn Kota that would do a trade in on a trolling motor? I have a Terrova 80lb 45" MDI w/ Spot lock and I want to upgrade to an Ultrex but the wife says I either sell mine first or trade mine in. I wasn't sure if there was anywhere that did anything like that.

Thanks in advance!
    JB

RMP near Wichita.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Champion trolling motor may do something. Message me for a contact number

4. Member
    You are better off selling it, I find most dealers don't want any part of a used trolling motor. I was getting quotes on a new boat that came with a trolling motor, I wanted an upgrade over it and the dealer didn't have any interest in trading up on it, he told me to take it and sell it. I asked other dealers about it as I was searching for my new boat and none of them would deal with taking one on trade. The dealer that told me to sell it also had an inventory of take offs for sale that people upgraded from, TM's, Powerpoles and fish finders. I don't know why they didn't order the boats without packages...

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    You are better off selling it, I find most dealers don't want any part of a used trolling motor. I was getting quotes on a new boat that came with a trolling motor, I wanted an upgrade over it and the dealer didn't have any interest in trading up on it, he told me to take it and sell it. I asked other dealers about it as I was searching for my new boat and none of them would deal with taking one on trade. The dealer that told me to sell it also had an inventory of take offs for sale that people upgraded from, TM's, Powerpoles and fish finders. I don't know why they didn't order the boats without packages...
    Thanks! I figured that would be the best route, just a pain to go about it that way. Be easier to take it in and have them swap them out and pay the difference.

6. Member
    Facebook Marketplace is probably your best option to sell it.

7. Banned
    Main page swap and sale forms are on the bottom.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Main page swap and sale forms are on the bottom.
    I realize that, I was asking a question about going somewhere to trade mine in. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Thanks for the help though.

Hers's a longshot, maybe Jones Trolling Motor-Board Sponsor.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

10. Banned
    CD-WC 918-251-7434 ask for Robbie he will be able to lead you in the right direction he as been in the business for a long time.

I would sell it. I sold my Fortrex a few years ago and got an Ultrex.