Anyone got ideas?

I have a ‘97 Gambler 209 that I’ve already applied DuPont Emron clear on 5 or 6 years ago. The clear is flaking and carpet needs replaced. I don’t think we prepared the hull correctly when we sprayed it. Here’s my question. How do you suggest restoring this boat? I’ve thought about clear gel, painting a solid color on the top cap, as well as re clearing her. I will find someone in the Central Florida area (a professional) to do the work this time. I’m at a loss, I love this boat and I’m tired of her looking like crap. Any information would be amazing, thanks.

Sand her down, repair all imperfections, then send it in to get your professional options. I would NOT put anything but gelcoat on. Gelcoat is more durable and long lasting than any automobile paint.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Miller's Fiberglass can make your Gambler look new again.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

If the entire tip cap is flake and Emron was applied.....more than likely when sanding the emron off you’ll prolly get into the flake which means when reapplying gel you’ll have to grind everything g off and shoot the base color, flake and gel. I would not recommend goin back with an automotive product. Also, why was emron applied in the first place.?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    The original topcoat was damaged and dull from the sun without relief. Hindsight, should have sought professional help the first time. Live and learn