Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10-24-20 Anita report.

Man it was a cold morning lol my truck said 22* at 6:30am. Water temp 48/49* I started at the north west side just west of the road bed in a little pocket with top water nothing biting tw I think that bite might be over?? Also the water was very clean 2 1/2—3ft visibility. Switch to a spinner bait (now thinking that was a bad move to evan try with such clean water) no bites. Now I’m Moving west to the main lake rocky point with a 1.5 sq-bill, get a bite nice 14” bass. Now I’m spot locked with in casting distance of the rocky point start fan cast over the rocks and hook up a nice 3lb on the sq-bill. I tried few other bait jigs, plastics, swim bait. But no other bites. My next move was to the south end to fish in front of the back boat ramp. So I’m just running along about 6mph getting close to the spot I want to start so Idol all the way down to 3mph and bang! What the heck I look back just in time to see a 3” diameter tree top come off the back of the motor Lol!!! I guess I never marked that piece of brush. I figure the lake is about 28” low so you guys better be wary of that. No damage done so I start fishing a rock crawler and get 2 more 2 1/2lb off the rock ref. So thinking the only bites I’ve got all morning have come off rock. But because I was so close to some brush I flip rage bug awhile, nothing there hit a creek Channel and big shallow flat by that Island nothing going there. Now I’m ready to move back to the rocky area by the campground. I get there and run crank bite, jerk bait, swim bait, finally get my last bass on a jig, nice 17” biggest of the day. I decided to load up (10:45) and get home at a good time to watch football.... all and all a fun cold morning. I did fight ice on all my rods most of the morning so that was a challenge, lots more of that coming I’m afraid. Well that’s all I got for today.

0D80C55E-6612-4788-90B6-D8101B857823.jpeg
    D8A73D4F-3251-493F-AE7E-02B63D127474.jpeg

2. Member
    Thanks for the report moved the phoenix to its winter concrete pad, before this nice snow storm rolling in

3. Member
    I think we are in the 2-5”. I’ll fish till there’s ice on the water than I’ll put the boat away. Are you done fishing for the year TRX?

4. Member
    Redog im at a 50/50 chance if it does warm back up i may go out again, if the temps stick to crap ill take the batteries out and put them on the tender for next yr!
    I do have a few farm ponds ill hit before the ice sits in

5. Member
    Heres a pic from anita earlier in the year

And also one from the farm pond, wish I had my scale for her
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Those are some nice bass! There are some great farm ponds around unfortunately I don’t have permission to fish very many of them. So if you don’t mind me asking in that picture from Anita it looks like you have some bad scarring on your left leg? Ouch.

7. Member
    I was involved in a atv drag racing crash in 2013, I rolled my race
    Atv at a 300ft sand track and unfortunately my leg got caught in the chain and rear sprocket, almost taking off my lower leg...25days in the nebraska med center, and numerous surgeries later and 13months no weight barring I still have my leg and can walk normally and thankfully I have no pain..

Where in Iowa are you from RedoG?
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Wow you got some expensive hardware in that leg!!! I’m in sw ia about 30 minutes from Anita,Viking,icara,Prairie Rose, right in the middle of Des moine & Omaha:-)

9. Member
    Lol ya she's a dussie!

Perfect spot to reside!

I was going to head to Anita on Thursday but the rain talked me out of it. Wish I would have went. I don’t know if I’ll be getting my boat out again all year.

11. Member
    What steve81!! There’s no ice on the water. I think later in the week there’s some better weather coming. I think tomorrow is going to be butt cold high of only 28* but better by the weekend. How did your tournament go out in western Nebraska on lake mcConaughy? I’m thinking about going to little river next or 3-mile. I’ve never been fishing on either.

12. Member
    I spent most of this yr at 3mile the top water was great wish I could reside closer to creston

13. Member
    There’s some great fishing by Creston. Are there a lot of stumps just under the water at 3-mile?

14. Member
    Yes sir the place reminds me of lake fork!

15. Member
    Hmm yikes sounds hard on boats. Before I got my bass boat I had a 16ft John boat and got stuck on a stump at 12-mile. I was not laughing :-) I had to have another boat pull me off.... I was a little nervous to be honest.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    I spent most of this yr at 3mile the top water was great wish I could reside closer to creston
    I will take, 'things nobody ever says,' for a thousand, Alex.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    I will take, 'things nobody ever says,' for a thousand, Alex.

Hahaha

You got me there!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    Hahaha

You got me there!
    All in good fun, my friend.

I agree with you though, that lake is a gem, but it gets beat to death. It would be nice to have a dozen or so lakes like it in Iowa. If for nothing else to take pressure off of it.

As an aside, I stayed in CB this past weekend. Man, the interstate construction has been going on for more than a decade with no end in sight.

19. Member
    You're so right on a few more lakes like them around iowa!

Seems like the new interstate construction is a never ending project!

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    What steve81!! There’s no ice on the water. I think later in the week there’s some better weather coming. I think tomorrow is going to be butt cold high of only 28* but better by the weekend. How did your tournament go out in western Nebraska on lake mcConaughy? I’m thinking about going to little river next or 3-mile. I’ve never been fishing on either.
    That tournament was god awful! There’s a reason I never posted a video of it. I caught 2 small ones on day one then zeroed on day two. It kicked my butt!

I’m hoping to get out for a few hours while the weather is nice. If nothing else, I need to run some stabilizer through the engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast