Thread: Power Poles

Power Poles

Hey guys,
    Does anyone have dual anchors on a 1980CC or 2180CC? I'm looking to install some on my 2180CC but it looks like the ladder will get in the way on the port side. Thanks!

2. Member
    I have a 1980cc and you are right, the ladder is in the way. I just cut the bottom part of the ladder off with a pipe cutter. I only have one step on the ladder, but didn’t have to seal the holes since I didn’t take the ladder completely off. The dual poles were more important than having the full ladder.

3. Member
    Awesome, thanks bud. Any chance you can take a pic of what it looks like after you cut it down? Also, have you noticed any increase in draft from the extra weight of the PPs?

4. Member
    Give me a couple of days and I will post a pic. The poles are actually really light on the transom and I haven't noticed any difference in draft, speed, or handling.

5. Member
    Great, I appreciate it!

6. Member
    IMG_2126.jpgIMG_2125.jpg

The ladder is marginally usable with only one step, but was a better solution for me than removing the entire ladder.

7. Member
    @hardnibbles - first of all, thanks for posting and for helping out Halfspin19. I have an AVX1980 and have been wondering how to deal with the later when I install Power Poles. This is very helpful. I have two additional questions - no hurry. Which Power Pole model did you install? And it looks like you do not have a jack plate, which brackets did you choose?

8. Member
    Thanks for the pics and info!! I'm definitely gonna be mounting to my jackplate. Just like you, I don't want to remove the ladder completely and have exposed holes

9. Member
    @Halfspin19 - no problem. If you have any questions, I will help when I can.

@TDWalk - I have 8’ pros. I don’t have a jack plate so had to install a “M to S” between the motor and the transom. Then ‘S-2-2’ mounts to the ‘M to S’. If you have questions, contact Hydrilla Gear. Not only do they have the best prices, but also customer service.

10. Member
    @hardnibbles - Thank you very much for the information and the Hydrilla Gear recommendation.

11. Member
    Huge thank you for this @hardnibbles. I just got a 2180cc and I wasn’t sure what to do about the ladder with installing the power poles. Also its very tight in the back compartment for the pumps. Waiting on a response from Vexus but saw on another BBC thread that there is a mount Vexus sells. Curious how the pump install went for your boat?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Huge thank you for this @hardnibbles. I just got a 2180cc and I wasn’t sure what to do about the ladder with installing the power poles. Also its very tight in the back compartment for the pumps. Waiting on a response from Vexus but saw on another BBC thread that there is a mount Vexus sells. Curious how the pump install went for your boat?
    It wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be, but i don't know the differences between the 1980cc vs the 2180cc in that compartment. I did it all myself and i'm far from a mechanic or anywhere close to mechanically inclined. It may not be pretty, but I did it myself and they still work after a year.

pumps.jpg