Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    The hyd oil level could be running out right at the full extend position and the way that it works that could cause a potential issue lowering. Lower it with the manual release, then raise it half way. Does it go back down from the 1/2 way point?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    The hyd oil level could be running out right at the full extend position and the way that it works that could cause a potential issue lowering. Lower it with the manual release, then raise it half way. Does it go back down from the 1/2 way point?
    No, it wont retract regardless of position or load
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    No, it wont retract regardless of position or load
    Directional, or check valve is not shifting under pilot pressure.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

4. Member
    Not saying it's the same problem but once air gets into the cylinder it seems to get trapped at the top. I just add more hydraulic fluid and cycle it a few times and it corrects the problem every time. Hope it's that simple for you too.

5. Member
    Is the description in the catalog correct? I would think oil returning to the reservoir has to be coming back through the relief valve and not the gear pumps.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerBob52O View Post
    Is the description in the catalog correct? I would think oil returning to the reservoir has to be coming back through the relief valve and not the gear pumps.
    Those are pilot operated checks inline with the pump. The oil should go through them not over the reliefs in normal operation..
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    Is this problem statement still true? You cannot manually retract it while the manual release valve is open?

Have you checked the hydraulic oil level?

Read comment here:

Sadly, with the way the unit is "self contained " it doesn't have an obvious way of checking. I guess I could disconnect it and fill it until it overflowed.

Looks like the problem is solved,!. I completely removed the unit from the gator and noticed some hydraulic oil slowly leaking around the hex head fill bolt. So I manually contracted the cylinder and filled it until full. Then used a syringe to withdrawal 15 mL or so. I used aw32 hydraulic oil since that is what I had laying around. It initially was very jerky when cycling. So I completely retracted the cylinder and filled the oil to the top. It seems to be functioning now. Gaskets and rubber seals seem to be intact, and that Bolt did need a little tightening then what it was originally.

9. Member
    Good to hear. Hope that fixed it. I know my tilt ram my Evinrude is leaking. If it is low, if you run it all the way up, it will not come back down. Have to vent and allow it to fall. Just not enough fluid to operate while fully extended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12