Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I will say this about the event - it was very well organized and run. The local hosts did an amazing job getting everyone in and out of the water. The weigh in process was much, much improved from the last two events. I wish all of these big tournaments were as efficient as this one was.

I am not experienced on the upper Coosa lakes, but the lower lakes are my home grounds. People tell me, why do you fish Jordan so much, I can't catch a fish up there. I tell them because you're a largemouth fisherman. Put a largemouth fisherman and a smallmouth fisherman on Jordan and the smallmouth fisherman will most times be more productive. Coosa spots are a different fish, largemouth tactics are not productive. There are some largemouth in these lakes but their numbers are not good. Spots in the 2 to 5 lb. range are plentiful, but you have to get off the banks and out of the vegetation to catch them.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    My two favorite Coosa River lakes are Logan Martin and Lay Lake.
    i may not catch a lot of big bass in Logan Martin but you will catch plenty of Spots. Plus it’s my home lake so I’ve had plenty of time on it to find the non-productive areas...still looking for the productive spots.
    Lay Lake seems to be for me a good mix of largemouth vs Spots. It also has some areas where you can pretty much get away from high traffic areas and still find fish.
    Now, both lakes in the summer is full of recreational boats, Logan by far being the worse. It’s not as bad as Lake Martin from what I’ve been told but at times on the weekends during the summer I swear you might could jump from pontoon boat to pontoon boat all the way across to the other side without touching water. Then add in a thousand jet skis and couple hundred wake boats then about as many bass boats, Yea...by that time the lake looks like a washing machine and all the banks are as muddy from the waves crashing onto them that you lures barely cuts through the mud.
    Neely Henry just for some reason has been a struggle every time I’ve went there. I’ve even won a couple tournaments there but going to weigh in I was thinking that I might finish in the top twenty if I’m lucky and then find myself winning it with a ridiculous low weight.
    One thing for sure the lakes on the Coosa chain will keep you thinking and just when you think you have it figured out...it all changes on you.

Dogfish you ever get above lock 4 towards woods ferry?
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Yep! Eufaula is the best right now but in a few years it'll decline too due to pressure and hydrilla being ripped out by storms/spraying..
    And all the pads are gone too....wtf....did they spray them as well? Eufaula was the best lake around.

6. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    Dogfish you ever get above lock 4 towards woods ferry?
    Lock4 on Logan Martin? Yes, I fish the upper end of the lake a lot during the summer months. I like to fight the Gar then. It seems they pretty much control that part of the lake during that time. At times when I am really searching out places I will even go all the way to the Neely Henry dam and work my way back.

Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    Hell Dog, I put in at clear creek yesterday about 7 and fished till 1. Caught over 40. Biggest was 3.7 . You ain't holding your mouth right.......
    Thats just not polite ,

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    And all the pads are gone too....wtf....did they spray them as well? Eufaula was the best lake around.
    It's still the best lake in Alabama and probably Georgia too but yeah I think they've been spraying some and its gonna create some bad fishing in a few years. I know that hurricane in 2018 ripped out all the hydrilla that was left in the lake. Need some people that fish Seminole to bring some back up!

9. Dogfish_Jones
    Pretty good article on the Coosa River. Plus Dustin is a hammer on Mitchell, he can wear them out there.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/mlf/d...e-coosa-river/

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Pretty good article on the Coosa River. Plus Dustin is a hammer on Mitchell, he can wear them out there.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/mlf/d...e-coosa-river/
    Didn't know any MLF guess could fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12