2009 250 Pro XS lower unit

I have taken my motor to a dealer to get a quote on new lower unit. The quote total was $7561.00 out the door is this normal? It is a TM so I understand it is expensive. If so I could use some advise on if its worth putting that much money into a lower unit on a 2009 with around 650 hrs.? Insurance has sent the money to do it so that helps but still not sure it makes since. O the serial number is 1B747858. Thanks

2. Member
    There is a few used ones on the for sale boards. $2500 and $3000.

3. Member
    I have an 08 and just went through the same thing. You can do the verodo style for around 45. Peaple say it might be a couple mph slower but actually stronger. I know peaple are going to say it wasn't offered on your motor originally but ask around if you want to save a little. It's not silver but that don't mean much to me.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ike View Post
    I have taken my motor to a dealer to get a quote on new lower unit. The quote total was $7561.00 out the door is this normal? It is a TM so I understand it is expensive. If so I could use some advise on if its worth putting that much money into a lower unit on a 2009 with around 650 hrs.? Insurance has sent the money to do it so that helps but still not sure it makes since. O the serial number is 1B747858. Thanks

Yep, sounds about right for new. Rock on with the install. That is why you got insurance to begin with, right!!!!

5. Member
    Went ahead and told them to do it. Hopefully it will be done soon. Thanks for the advice.