Ultrex Pedal Control Sleeve Orientation

I have a port mounted ultrex with the proper “inboard” orientation of the pedal control sleeve. I recently added a second graph at the bow for Mega 360 and fighting the cables when lowering and raising the TM is a PITA. I have seen a few “pro” boats that have an “outboard” orientation which seems to eliminate the cable issues with the graphs. The book recommends “inboard” but wondering if there are negative impacts to the “outboard” orientation.

CMSgt David Hammarstrom
    20 Ranger Z520C
    20 Mercury 250 Pro XS

When I installed my Ultrex I used the same holes and if I had the prop in the head stuck out more then I liked so I have had mine with prop out for the last three years with no issues
    I’ve seen a few this way
    "The handicapped angler"

For better clarification, this is the part I am asking about. 594ABAC4-C4D7-412B-89AA-813FE3A5F86E.jpeg

CMSgt David Hammarstrom
    20 Ranger Z520C
    20 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    The only thing I could see is that the sleeve might hang outside the boat when it is stored, but I don't think it would cause any problems. I'd venture to say that you will have to probably reposition the foot pedal so it is flat when motor is straight to avoid spot lock issues

I think the only reason they made it movable was for the few boats that have it mounted on the strbrd side.
    Just have to try it and see if it's feasible on each individual rig. Will have to be re-indexed which isn't that hard. First thought is how far the cable will stick out and will it be an issue when docking.
    I actually re drilled the holes in the cable anchor and it changed where my cables laid when deployed just enough to clear my graph.