Banned

Home made versa trak rod holder

20201023_171234.jpg

Sorry picture is fuzzy my camera has been abused in my pocket while I weld.

$3 rod holders Walmart, $10 aluminum angle Tractor Supply company, and $6 of 1/4"×1-1/2" bolts/wing nutts/rubber washer.

Not fancy but should get the job done a lot cheaper than the versa track holders I found online.

2. Member
    Here is mine. I turned the aluminum angle the opposite direction so that it lays over the gunnel and have a scrap piece of HDPE (starboard) attached between the bottom of the aluminum angle and the gunnel to keep it from scratching the paint. ROCK SOLID
    IMG_0808(1).jpgIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0812.JPG
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

3. Banned
    Nice pretty sure you posted those before and I stole the idea. I haven't yanked around on mine yet but with the little fish I catch they should be more than strong enough.

I wanted the single bar rod holder like you have but they only had one at Walmart so I went with the cheaper.

4. Member
    Do yo have a nut on the backside? I didnt see a weld.

5. Banned
    1/4"×1-1/2" I think their called lag bolts or carriage bolts? Have the square section under the head before the threads perfect fit in the slot and wing nuts on the out side.

6. Member
    Nice, I should have clarified a little better, i was referring to the rod holder mounting to the piece of angle and not how the angle is mounted to the boat. I had seen where monster rod holders was selling similar mounts where the nut was welded to the angle and then the stem of the rod holder just treaded down into place. I dont have a welder so im out of luck on that.

7. Banned
    I just drilled a hole in the top of the angle and ran the bolt through with a flat washer and nut on the bottom