Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Here’s one without the rails...to me it looks like a totally different boat...and pretty bad ass.

Damn that makes a world of a difference. Sexy boat!

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Whiitelooks really good also

3. Banned
    Stole this pic from Facebook, no denying who the daddy is!

4. Member
    Attachment 428063

This is the father below:

Attachment 428064

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Stole this pic from Facebook, no denying who the daddy is!

Not at all, don't see any of that. A little Astro but only in the lines, nothing else.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Not at all, don't see any of that. A little Astro but only in the lines, nothing else.

You don’t see the humpback similarities? How many boats have ever used that design for the rear top cap? I was just told about another rig that is similar though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You don’t see the humpback similarities? How many boats have ever used that design for the rear top cap? I was just told about another rig that is similar though.
    Maybe a hair of the humpback, but the rest of the boat.... no.

Nice job on the video series Ken. Very well done and informative. Keep up the great work.

9. Member
    Whether you like it or not, I don't see a similarity between Vexus (fiberglass) and any other boat out there.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    Whether you like it or not, I don't see a similarity between Vexus (fiberglass) and any other boat out there.
    What do you mean by that, just looks?

11. Member
    Yes just looks, they are not for me but looks like a very good boat.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    I agree but it goes way beyond looks. Starter bob, forked bow and resulting extra width up front, Talons/PP mounting system, pressurized live wells, Sea Deck, air ride seats, ice chest, depth of all lockers/hatches, just to name a few.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

13. Member
    It has a lot of nice features that I like, just the flow of the lines of the boat make it look to bulky for me.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I agree but it goes way beyond looks. Starter bob, forked bow and resulting extra width up front, Talons/PP mounting system, pressurized live wells, Sea Deck, air ride seats, ice chest, depth of all lockers/hatches, just to name a few.
    Love all of that stuff, does look a little bulky in pictures. Want to see it in person.

Love all of that stuff, does look a little bulky in pictures. Want to see it in person.
    It’s a big boat in person...both the 20 and 21.

16. Member
    These boats are big.
    Ken used my boat in the Video. I think that anyone looking for a new boat should watch all of Ken's Videos. I cannot imagine the amount of time that he spends doing all of this.
    I had a 2010 Ranger Z520. All of the tackle & 20 plus Rods & Reels that completely filled up my Z520 all fit in my VX20 with plenty of room to spare. The back compartments are huge, all of my tackle fits, plus a life jacket in each side with a little room to spare.
    We all look for little things that we want in a boat. My boat stays in a lift 90% of the time so a rear hatch that opens back to front will not work for me.
    I see a lot of things that seem to be very well thought out, & some that maybe weren't as well thought out. Time will tell.
    This is just a very different boat than my Ranger, but when you put the TM Down & start to fish it is just as good if not better, than my old boat.
    Live wells full, loaded with tackle & gas I got it to 69.7 MPH Sunday. I'm Still learning how to drive it.
    Now if I can just remember where I put my crank bait box!

If anyone has any questions about the boat I will be happy to try and answer them.

Willie

17. Member
    The one in the video was the best looking one that I have seen, saw a couple at the Classic & 1 at Guntersville.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    These boats are big.
    Ken used my boat in the Video. I think that anyone looking for a new boat should watch all of Ken's Videos. I cannot imagine the amount of time that he spends doing all of this.
    I had a 2010 Ranger Z520. All of the tackle & 20 plus Rods & Reels that completely filled up my Z520 all fit in my VX20 with plenty of room to spare. The back compartments are huge, all of my tackle fits, plus a life jacket in each side with a little room to spare.
    We all look for little things that we want in a boat. My boat stays in a lift 90% of the time so a rear hatch that opens back to front will not work for me.
    I see a lot of things that seem to be very well thought out, & some that maybe weren't as well thought out. Time will tell.
    This is just a very different boat than my Ranger, but when you put the TM Down & start to fish it is just as good if not better, than my old boat.
    Live wells full, loaded with tackle & gas I got it to 69.7 MPH Sunday. I'm Still learning how to drive it.

If anyone has any questions about the boat I will be happy to try and answer them.

Willie
    Really appreciate that Wille.

The Rangers seem to have gotten slower the last five years so 69.7 doesn't seem bad. I was concerned about the speed but this boat is basically a 21'.

You mentioned with the trolling motor down it feels like a Ranger, I alway thought the Z521 was the best fishing platform around. What would you say are the differences and does it sit higher in the water than your old boat or draft a little deeper?

Love that the storage is better, love some of the innovation, trying to love the looks....

Last question, looks like it is good in rough water but don't really know yet. What is the biggest water you have had it out in yet?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    These boats are big.

Willie
    Pretty much spot on, the boat is definitely a little taller but it fishes no different than my Old 521L. The rough water ride of this boat is second to none, like Ken said it has a very solid feel to it. I also like how there is NO plastic junk on inside that comes loose every outing!

20. Member
    Really appreciate that Wille.

The Rangers seem to have gotten slower the last five years so 69.7 doesn't seem bad. I was concerned about the speed but this boat is basically a 21'.

You mentioned with the trolling motor down it feels like a Ranger, I alway thought the Z521 was the best fishing platform around. What would you say are the differences and does it sit higher in the water than your old boat or draft a little deeper?

Love that the storage is better, love some of the innovation, trying to love the looks....

Last question, looks like it is good in rough water but don't really know yet. What is the biggest water you have had it out in yet?
    Not sure I agree with the Rangers have gotten slower. My 2019 is every bit as fast as my 2012 was if not faster. Granted I have the 4S Pro XS whereas my 2012 had the 2S but the 19 has a 36V TM and poles. The comment about it sitting higher out of the water would concern me some. Reason being is one of the things I love about fishing from a Ranger is it doesn't blow around. I used to fish Champions and they blew around like crazy. I've not been in a Vexus, but I don't see sitting higher out of the water as good thing based on my experience.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast