05 optimax 150 wire harness plug ID

Hey guys,

Motor serial @ 1B044209
    I just want to confirm the original purpose of this plug I located in my dash. I originally thought it was part of my boat harness but after further inspection it seems like it would be tied in with the ignition / motor.

not sure why it was cut but was hoping someone could confirm if its just a plug that would be used for a smartcraft gauge or something? Its a 5 prong plug but it was cut out all except the alarm wire which is spliced in. Its also tied in with the alarm.

2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That would have been the plug for an instrument harness. Looks like someone cut it an used the "splice away" method.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks for confirming Don! just wanted to make sure it wasn't bypassing anything critical
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209