Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How How many guys who had power poles That bought a ultrex sold their Power Poles?

So Was the ultrex a game changer enough to sell your power poles?Do they work well when fishing shallow? Let’s say you’re in 8 foot of water and 20 feet in to the bank there is a stump on the bank do you just hit your spot lock and it will hold you precisely right there? My buddy keeps convincing me that I need to have power poles as well as the Ultrex..... I have neither now but I am planning on purchasing the Ultrex in spring. Guess what I’m asking is fishing 10 foot of water and shallower with the spot lock get the job done?

I would never get rid of my Power Poles for the Ultrex. I love both but the Power Poles are almost a must have for me. They get used a lot.

3. Member
    If possible get both. If I had to choose, it would be spot-lock. Both shine in different areas

4. Member
    Does the shallow water functionality of the power poles outperform the shallow water functionality of the Ultrex?

5. Member
    Not me, different tools. Both are really important to me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Does the shallow water functionality of the power poles outperform the shallow water functionality of the Ultrex?
    Under 6 feet yes, over 6 feet no.

7. Banned
    I have both and if I had to lose one it would be the spot lock. I use my poles 20 to 1 over spot lock. It all depends on your style of fishing as well as the lakes you fish.

I feel they do. No TM propwash to spook shallow fish.

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    two different animals I think and now that I have both wouldn't want to be without one or the other....
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

10. Banned
    you are mentioning shallow.. Buy the shallow water anchors.. Its what I am doing and I HAD a spot lock motor.

11. Member
    So Was the ultrex a game changer enough to sell your power poles?Do they work well when fishing shallow? Let’s say you’re in 8 foot of water and 20 feet in to the bank there is a stump on the bank do you just hit your spot lock and it will hold you precisely right there? My buddy keeps convincing me that I need to have power poles as well as the Ultrex..... I have neither now but I am planning on purchasing the Ultrex in spring. Guess what I’m asking is fishing 10 foot of water and shallower with the spot lock get the job done?
    You're not a true 15%'er unless you have two shallow water anchors and the Ultrex... Just ask the Prostaffer...

Why would you want your trolling motor constantly running and moving in shallow water? Power poles are the best tool for shallow water.

I sold mine but I fish more deep ish water. 10 to 15 feet. The ultrex works better for me. My co-angler hated the power poles.

Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    I sold mine but I fish more deep ish water. 10 to 15 feet. The ultrex works better for me. My co-angler hated the power poles.

I have heard people say that but literally a quick push of a button and they are out of the way. I have fished a ton from the back of a boat with Power Poles and have never had an issue with them being in the way.

maybe if you are primarily an off shore angler, but there are times that the shallow anchors are the deal.

But if i had to choose only 1, it would be spot lock TM

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Get rid of Power Poles? That would be bad for one's image

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    I have both and if I had to lose one it would be the spot lock. I use my poles 20 to 1 over spot lock. It all depends on your style of fishing as well as the lakes you fish.
    What lakes you fish in okla. I thought about getting them but grand, ft Gibson, eufaula, keystone, I just don't see using them. Sardis yes.

18. Banned
    Down South - Konawa, Longmire, Arbuckle, Murray, Okemah....They don't get used much at Arbuckle or Murray though

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    What lakes you fish in okla. I thought about getting them but grand, ft Gibson, eufaula, keystone, I just don't see using them. Sardis yes.
    They make great bumpers when fishing around docks partially deployed.

I have both. Keeping Both, but if only one I'd keep the poles.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast