Question Exhaust Cover Leak

1999 Mercury 115hp 2+2, 115 ELPTO serial# 0G776602. Exhaust cover leaking, gaskets are ordered and on the way.

Does any one know where I can get the exhaust cover bolt tightening sequence (pattern) and the torque values?

This is my brother's engine but can't convince him to get the manual, he's not very mechanical minded so I'll be replacing the gaskets for him.

Also do the gaskets need a sealer applied? Doesn't look like the gaskets come with the silicone bead pre-applied to the gaskets.

Any information that anyone can share will greatly be appreciated. I'm having knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks and I need to get this done before then.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Factory Service Manual is the best source for torque and bolt install sequence information.

Those gaskets are normally installed dry....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor