Thread: Kentucky Lake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    Yes I would be interested to see someone from a spotted bass lake like Lanier come up and fish how they normally do for suspended fish and see how they do.
    As would I.

I read something a wile back, cannot remember where, saying that when KDFW was netting carp over the river channel they routinely catch larger than average LM that are suspended nowhere near the bottom. I'd like to get ahold of a couple of them just to see what's in their stomach. I know my biggest bass this year, 7.04lbs, came off of a random cast towards the river channel with a big worm from the deep side of the ledge in the mouth of Smith's bay. Worm never touched bottom. Couldn't replicate it but it definitely got me thinking.

2. Member
    From dealing with Asian carp now in my area for 25 years now the bass never do have great spawns any more as the Asian carp are like bully’s and keep the bass molested and out of there spawning ritual same for the blue Gill . The one thing I have noticed is years ago we coulD fill coolers of with crappie 10-12” long now we catch 10-20 on really good days with several in the 2.5 to 3 lb range av crappie is like. 12-14” now . They love to eat Asian carp . Kentucky fish and wild life needs to put bigger size req on the crappie plus have on off seasons for crappie then the bass and blue Gill will have better spawns . Kentucky lake has great spawning habitat where I live doesn’t plus nobody’s is trying to reduce the numbers of carp . When the rivers are right at the house to go catch crappie here at home every crappie I catch has Asian carp in there belly’s crappie love them .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12