Smaller jack wheel?

I have a caymas x20 and I need a 5 1/2 drop for my trailer to ride level. The problem is I can’t use anything more than a 4 1/2 drop because the factory jack is to long and I can’t fold it up. If I were to change to a 4” wheel it would work without replacing my jack. Any suggestions?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If your jack won’t fold when the trailer is level, I’d bet you have a jack problem. The jacks are standard size and every trailer runs the same height when level.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I park my boat on the lawn & I use a 12" X 12" X 2" wooded platform so I can move it around alittle when hooking up.

So I had a similar problem, the wheel would hit when rotated down.

I replaced the big wheel w/ a smaller wheel. But when I would swing it down it would still hit, So I removed the jack and redrilled new holes higher up giving me more room to swing it down.

It looks alittle funny, but it works.

Hard to figure their jack stand not able to go low enough for the trailer to be level. Caymas should fix it.

I would talk to the dealership first and see what they have to say because like other have said it should work with the trailer level

But if they offer no help and if you can replace the wheel with little effort and don’t have any large cracks/seams in the pavement it would have to roll over go for it
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    This is an odd problem. Did you put custom wheels/tires on the trailer that might have affected the ride height?
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Are both on the same level ground/floor? Only time I have seen this is when the trailer is on a different level floor like in the garage and the truck is on a slight slope on the driveway or street.... Have a buddy that has to use a bottle jack instead of the trailer jack when he parks his boat for the winter due to uneven ground, not enough ground clearance to swing the jack down.

8. Member
    My CX20 has the same issue. I measured a Fulton jack, and it is shorter when fully retracted than the standard Dutton-Lainson. I believe it would eliminate the problem.

Fulton makes several sizes lengths
    You need to look at this chart to determine what size jack would work best

Attachment 427872
    "The handicapped angler"