Who did your evinrude emm rebuild and where you happy with them or not

Looking to have an emm rebuilt. For those that have who did it and would you use them again or not.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    FICHT EMM: Marine Computer Supply, DFI technologies and a few others,,ETEC dealer item.

3. Member
    Marine Computer Supply. Yes, I would use him again...

4. Member
    Looking for honest real evaluations of these builders. Have talked to a couple but want your opinions. Some promise power enhancements . Did they deliver ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitromorris View Post
    Looking for honest real evaluations of these builders. Have talked to a couple but want your opinions. Some promise power enhancements . Did they deliver ?
    Can't speak to any 'enhancements' ...

But I monitor all Ficht/FFI posts weekly as I run a '98 vintage with an air-cooled ECU and another poster having a similar FFI with ECU just had great success and fast turn-around from MCS recently, where the owner is allegedly as former owner/operator from DFI.

6. Member
    I had a FICHT EMM rebuilt by DFI and ran it for 8 yrs and sold to a friend who is still running it.!
    And I definitely recommend them for speed of service and pleasant to deal with on the phone. They sure treated me good when I needed it.

7. Member
    I had DFI repair my EMM. Only been 6 months but trouble free so far. There are less expensive options I learned about after but Im still happy. Turn around was about a week.
    04 200hp DI motor

I sent mine to Marine Computer Supply and extreamly happy with his work. Quick turnaround and excellent communication.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I used DFI and eem failed again after 1 yr , it was over the 1 year so I tryed Ficht EMM , ran good for 6 months then motor blew #2 piston.
    Had power head rebuilt at 244 total hrs.
    Touched nothing with emm or injectors motor ran perfect 22hrs , blew #3 and #5 cylinders .
    No warning lights nothing, no reason just speculations on why it blew both times .
    I blame the emm cant prove anything.
    Repowered with new G2
    Use it for what its worth.
    CJ
    200 Evinrude G2 Ho On R93vs Ranger

10. Member
    I used DFI and my motor has ran for over. A dacade since. I would highly recommend them. 2000 ficht 250

11. Member
    I used CDI to restore/reboot my emm if that is the correct way to say it ! Had it done twice ! Both times a little over 10hr ! But they fixed it both times ! That being said, they never told me I had a heat problem th 1st time, which caused the 2nd failure ! Have not had the boat out enough to decide if it is good ! It starts, and runs as it should as of right now ! 1999 erude ficht 150 ! I will say the last reboot, or what ever they did, I no longert have plugs wet or crapped up in general !