Thread: Ghost Install

Ghost Install

I bought the boat in my siggy new last fall with a 112 Fortrex. I could have updated to an Ultrex but I knew about the Ghost coming out and wanted to wait. I have Carbon 12's and would like to stick to all Lowrance products. Thinking seriously about replacing the Fortrex with a Ghost and wondered how hard it would be for me to install. Has anybody else replaced a Fortrex with a Ghost in a Z520C? If I decide to make the switch, I plan to buy from a board sponsor. Interested in difficulty of install and getting it to talk to my Carbons. Any advise from those who have made the switch is appreciated.

FWIW, one of the main reasons I don't want a Ultrex is the mess of cables at the head. I really like the appearance of Ghost and the brushless motor is appealing to me as well.

Thanks, Bob
    Last edited by Bassin Bob71; 10-23-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Just changed from fortrex to ghost. I haven't updated my graph's yet. But the ghost install was super easy. Holes lined up, wiring easy. Works like a charm. Spot lock is great, also so much easier to control the boat. You will love it.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

3. Member
    Replaced a Digital Tour Motorguide with a Ghost. Easy breezy. Great trolling motor. I have Live units.