New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

How to change remote on talon no blue tooth quick question???

My problem is a friend of mine gave me a Talon last year and sold another of his pair to another friend of ours. Now whenever we are close in proximity and I put my talon down his will go down and up if I put mine up.How do we get his to work on a different frequency or whatever from mine these are the 2 stage non bluetooth . I also have the foot switch he does not ???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    There is a procedure to wipe the talon clean of all remotes. that needs to be done on both. It is on the Talon manual. once you wipe them clean then program them for the remotes each of you have. That is also in the manual. See below.
    Erase first then pair.

TO LEARN A NEW REMOTE ID
    1. Retract the anchor if it is not alreadyretracted by pressing the Auto UP switch .
    2. After the anchor has retracted, press andhold the Auto UP switch on the Talon.A steady tone will be heard.
    3. While continuing to press the Auto UPswitch , press the UP buttonon the new remote one time.
    4. A series of 3 beeps will be heard,indicating the new remote has been learned.
    5. Release the Auto UP switch on theTalon after the 3 beeps begin.

TO ERASE ALL STORED REMOTE IDS(THIS MAY REQUIRE ASSISTANCE FROMA SECOND PERSON)
    1. Retract the anchor if it is not already retracted.
    2. Disconnect the white power lead fromthe battery.
    3. Press and hold the Auto UP switchon the Talon.
    4. While continuing to press the Auto UPswitch , reconnect the white power leadto the battery.
    5. A series of fast beeps will be heard and thena long steady tone .
    6. Release the Auto UP switch after thelong steady tone has begun. All remoteIDs are now erased.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Thank you, I didn't have a manual for it that is what I was looking for

4. Member
    Minn Kota's Manuals are available on their website:

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/sites...2014-17-en.pdf

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Well I followed the procedure and remove all remotes from my Talon and also his Talon and then re-installed each remote to each unit , hpe this takes care of the problem we shall see...