Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    the schedule looks good, I can't wait to watch and follow score tracker, much more entertaining to watch than a five fish tournament
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

2. Member
    Crazy they booked over the classic. Sad state of affairs. Fishing industry is to small to make sponsors pick imo. They will have the lowest viewership that event. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    Crazy they booked over the classic. Sad state of affairs. Fishing industry is to small to make sponsors pick imo. They will have the lowest viewership that event. Imo

Kinda scratched my head on that one. Just seems unnecessary.

Looks solid.
    Last edited by Crabnbass; 10-24-2020 at 04:45 AM.

5. Banned

Maybe to keep any of the Bass Open’s qualifiers from fishing the BM Classic?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtronic View Post
    Stay off my Lake you damn kids!
    HaHa, yup!

7. Member
    I'm a BPT fan, but that is just petty and stupid IMO.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    I'm a BPT fan, but that is just petty and stupid IMO.
    I too am a BPT fan but I would like to know what made them think this was a good Idea. I would hope that gets changed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    I too am a BPT fan but I would like to know what made them think this was a good Idea. I would hope that gets changed.
    It's almost as good of an idea as changing FLW to The Big 5.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Maybe to keep any of the Bass Open’s qualifiers from fishing the BM Classic?
    complete BS on MLF part. If one the MLF anglers makes the classic they should fish it and skip the MLF event.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Zero chance they fish mlf if they make classic. Boyd will get the karma from this. What’s funny is most don’t even realize it. Bass fan should be reporting on it, but they own it, so won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    complete BS on MLF part. If one the MLF anglers makes the classic they should fish it and skip the MLF event.
    I’d bet that their MLF contract forbids that.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Banned
    Only 2 people that might talk about the over lap, 1 would Ike and the other is Dunkin. It will be interesting to see which group MLF is trying to sway, the vendors or the fans, seems like a poor decision to me too either way.

14. dartag1829
    Wonder if the 50k buyout from MLF is still available. Looking like some of the guys Blakut, Hallman, Latimer and some others won't make the Elites.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Only 2 people that might talk about the over lap, 1 would Ike and the other is Dunkin. It will be interesting to see which group MLF is trying to sway, the vendors or the fans, seems like a poor decision to me too either way.
    I don't think there will be any vendors at a regular BPT event, so I'm sure it was to keep the troops in line, and have their live stream interfere with the Classic buzz. They are going to continue to lose millions until someone says enough.

16. Member
    They won’t change the date of the BPT event, the owners/anglers of that organization are too egotistical to realize how bad it makes them look. They’ve said before they are in direct competition and hope to beat out BASS and the classic with their joke of a Redcrest so, like all things with BPT, If you think it’s stupid they purposely scheduled on top of the classic, then the Employees/associates on this site and the BPT anglers make it seem you kicked their dog, impregnated their wife and stole their truck. It’s not the format that sucks, it’s the management
    Last edited by ECobb91; 10-24-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I don't think there will be any vendors at a regular BPT event, so I'm sure it was to keep the troops in line, and have their live stream interfere with the Classic buzz. They are going to continue to lose millions until someone says enough.

I thought Boyd said that they were going to have vendors & spectators at the Redcrest this year? Of course that was pre-rona, but how will BASS have spectators with the same issues.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    It’s not the format that sucks, it’s the management

yep, people don’t tend to like arrogant people and they are that.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    The BPT events are 40 boats a day tournaments....they could be held on much smaller bodies of water than this schedule. Shoot, there at at least 5/6 lakes here in Virginia lone that could hold those types of tournaments.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t BPT merged in with the FLW events now since they bought FLW? If so, that’ll change the setup.

Without looking, IIRC last year the BPT events mixed up some lakes, fishing bigger ones the first few days, then changing to a smaller completely different body of water. Seems like they did that in Florida, the finals were fished on a small lake.

20. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    I'm not sure how anyone could call St Lawrence or St Clair boring?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast