Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Lake Travis is a snoozer.
    A perfect example of them fishing a lesser known lake and someone comes in with this response. If the entire schedule was lesser known lakes everyone would complain. Of course, I guess some people just need to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    A perfect example of them fishing a lesser known lake and someone comes in with this response. If the entire schedule was lesser known lakes everyone would complain. Of course, I guess some people just need to complain.

FLW and BASS have both been to Travis in recent years.

3. Member
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

4. Member
    I don't really care where they fishing its something to watch and its fishing its better then nothing! But I do kinda agree would like to see other venues in other states that have great fisheries as well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    In the beginning they said the opportunity of the bpt was to go to lakes that havent been fished or couldnt hold big tournaments. Now, it's just more of the same ole same ole
    shhh don’t point out their broken promises or back tracking on their word, you’ll get the BPT fans riled up
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post

Well DUH, Bassmasters was just there last year. How much lesser can it get for them to get BASS’s sloppy seconds. You do realize that there are about 100 lakes in Texas that no major tournaments have been fished at for decades or ever???

7. Banned
    Well DUH, Bassmasters was just there last year. How much lesser can it get for them to get BASS’s sloppy seconds. You do realize that there are about 100 lakes in Texas that no major tournaments have been fished at for decades or ever???
    Sorry, I thought you guys meant new to MLF/BPT, not a fishery that has never had a boat on it...Carry on with your bi&%hing and moaning.

8. Member
    Since they don't rely on fans, this schedule makes no sense. All they have to do is roll into Lake X and get the cameras rolling. No need to even announce a schedule. It looks to me like they are hedging their bets for when they invariably lose their TV contract.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
    Me too! I'm guessing some are going back to BASS. For me the shelf life of BPT has ran out(and I'm not a hater). Just am back to liking the old 5fish format better
    I think MLF has really missed the boat (pun intended!) by not having their most recent events live streamed and instead “holding them back” to show on TV. B.A.S.S. has been live streaming their last 3 events and will be sowing the one on Fork in a week or so. MLF has been off the radar way too long if they intend to stay relevant.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Crap I was wanting to go to Falls, Jordon that week.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Since they don't rely on fans, this schedule makes no sense. All they have to do is roll into Lake X and get the cameras rolling. No need to even announce a schedule. It looks to me like they are hedging their bets for when they invariably lose their TV contract.
    Lol, their parent company owns the network and they buy time on the others. They're not going to lose a TV contract.

Every major Tour relies in part on host fee revenue. There are certainly a handful of smaller/lesser known fisheries willing to pay a host fee but the lions share come from the same 20+/- fisheries that value tournament angling revenue for their communities and make it a part of their tourism spend.

It exists for a reason and there's not a single person here, that if they owned a Tour or Trail, wouldn't go where the host fee revenue is. It's ridiculous for anyone to suggest otherwise.

Must be hugely lucrative for a host city to bring in 40 anglers and 20 marshals.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    Lol, their parent company owns the network and they buy time on the others. They're not going to lose a TV contract.

Every major Tour relies in part on host fee revenue. There are certainly a handful of smaller/lesser known fisheries willing to pay a host fee but the lions share come from the same 20+/- fisheries that value tournament angling revenue for their communities and make it a part of their tourism spend.

It exists for a reason and there's not a single person here, that if they owned a Tour or Trail, wouldn't go where the host fee revenue is. It's ridiculous for anyone to suggest otherwise.

The MLF side goes to small unknown lakes (we can use Waco for example) what’s the difference in host cities?

Hope they will actually get to go this year, cool to see them hit our lakes and show what they can do.

15. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OHellnofishin View Post
    You wont take enough beating in the Thousand Islands to hurt it. It isnt a rayburn, falcon, etc...I grew up on that water and its highly productive EVERYWHERE if you know what to do. Gobies and Zebra mussels did a lot for the smallie population and there IS a great lm population that is underutilized.
    ^^^ +1

Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Yes and no. It's still good but nowhere near as good as it was ten years ago.

But yes, no where near the pressure as down south.
    I've been living here for twenty years. It is a way better fishery than ten years ago, and even five years ago.

But, you are correct about the degree of fishing pressure down south. Those fish get pounded day in, day out.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoochhybrid View Post
    I love how when they got started they said smaller fields would allow them to go to new lakes that hadn't been seen on the major trails. And now they go to the same lakes over and over.
    Follow the money. The other part is the MLF side does go to a lot of smaller lakes, this is the BPT schedule.

17. Member
    Pretty crazy that the top level leagues haven’t made a west coast swing in years because the pros complain about travel.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Pretty crazy that the top level leagues haven’t made a west coast swing in years because the pros complain about travel.
    Shows you the financial razors edge this sport operates on.

I would certainly would like more variety and a regular west coast swing but I also understand why they don't do it.

19. Member
    The MLF side goes to small unknown lakes (we can use Waco for example) what’s the difference in host cities?
    Smaller field, smaller payouts and fewer number of events. Different model than BPT. Simple deal.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    Smaller field, smaller payouts and fewer number of events. Different model than BPT. Simple deal.

I’m guessing that means that the host cities pay less or nothing at all, if yes, than that makes sense.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast