Z19 Passenger Rod holder Strap Mod.

Continuing to make simple modifications that I believe are improvements over what Nitro designed. Today I put a velcro cinch strap on the passenger rod ramp. The hold down strap that Nitro provided is completely useless. I do not understand how that ever got past the design phase. I found the straps on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) cost was less than $10 shipped and I have a bunch of others for other projects. Tried it out with 6 rods on the ramp and it should work great.

Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

2. Member
    Good Idea

3. Member
    Clearly better than the worthless stock strap. I've had this idea for awhile now but haven't acted on it yet, your pics might motivate me.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

It is sad, how bad that design is. The first time I tried putting 6 rods in the holders, I was pissed. 3 of the 6 are useless, unless you are going to bend your poles around the seat.
    Do not even get me started, on the tilt out storage compartment��
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Nice design, you could even use the same type rod strap and just cut the rubber cord down when installing that. The key is getting something on that angled portion and not the top flat section where it’s positioned now.