Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Never once said that.
    “The 94 and Older 7.3 IDI was non turbo.”

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    “The 94 and Older 7.3 IDI was non turbo.”
    Yes meaning that 94 what the last year you could get a non turbo 7.3. There were 3 Diesel options for the 94 model year, The 7.3 IDI non turbo, 7.3 Turbo IDI, and the 7.3 Powerstroke.

3. Member
    To the op, I sold a 2001 f250 7.3l with 120k on it. It was mildly modded with a BTS trans. It was a.very good truck and I had it from New. Purchased a 2020 6.7l and have nothing bad to say about it. Super strong stock and the 10 speed has been excellent. I spec trucks out for my customers in the.oilfields and have no problems with the 13 and up 6.7l ford engine, they have been very solid. I don't miss my 7.3 in any way. Put 20k behind this new truck and my buddie said it best. It feels like you have a lawn mower on the trailer. Yes they are that strong. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Ford didn't make the 7.3, it was built by Navistar/International in their Indianapolis plant.
    That's true. Navistar also made the PoS 6.0 for Ford.
    John

5. Member
    Pulled into the diesel pumps at Sam's Club yesterday to fuel up my 18 Ram Cummins. Guy in front of me had a SuperDuty with the 6.7. He put no less than 4 different additives in the tank before filling it. Measuring them all out carefully. Only one I recognized was Howes, which I use in the Cummins in our RV. Asked him what was up and he explained he'd had issues with the motor and had gotten advice on some Ford forums for additives to help. Seemed kind of crazy to me. I don't use any additives in my Ram. Only reason I use Howe's in the big Cummins is that it can sit weeks between uses.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    To the op, I sold a 2001 f250 7.3l with 120k on it. It was mildly modded with a BTS trans. It was a.very good truck and I had it from New. Purchased a 2020 6.7l and have nothing bad to say about it. Super strong stock and the 10 speed has been excellent. I spec trucks out for my customers in the.oilfields and have no problems with the 13 and up 6.7l ford engine, they have been very solid. I don't miss my 7.3 in any way. Put 20k behind this new truck and my buddie said it best. It feels like you have a lawn mower on the trailer. Yes they are that strong. Cj

Kinda the same here...loved my old 2001 7.3...put 200k on her and very few problems. One drive of a 6.7 and I realized these trucks have come a long way. My 17 Kingranch 4x4 Crew is the closest thing to a luxury vehicle in a 3/4 ton truck...right down to the massaging heated and cooled seats. I’ve put nearly 100k on two different 6.7s and not a single issue.

I know a guy whose ran his 6.7 out of diesel, and routinely runs it down to less than a gallon of fuel..and then wonders why he has fuel system issues.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    That's true. Navistar also made the PoS 6.0 for Ford.
    Did they also make the 6.4? That had issues to I heard.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Did they also make the 6.4? That had issues to I heard.
    Yes international/Navistar made the 6.9, both 7.3s, 6.0, and 6.4

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    Pulled into the diesel pumps at Sam's Club yesterday to fuel up my 18 Ram Cummins. Guy in front of me had a SuperDuty with the 6.7. He put no less than 4 different additives in the tank before filling it. Measuring them all out carefully. Only one I recognized was Howes, which I use in the Cummins in our RV. Asked him what was up and he explained he'd had issues with the motor and had gotten advice on some Ford forums for additives to help. Seemed kind of crazy to me. I don't use any additives in my Ram. Only reason I use Howe's in the big Cummins is that it can sit weeks between uses.

Well, that’s odd. I have not put anything in mine (2012 6.7 powerstroke 104k miles) and I get gas at the cheapest place around, Murphy/Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Well, that’s odd. I have not put anything in mine (2012 6.7 powerstroke 104k miles) and I get gas at the cheapest place around, Murphy/Walmart.
    Same here on additives...I buy diesel at a shell close to the house most of time.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    It was odd. The wife was watching him and reporting to me each time he broke out a new bottle. So I had to ask.
    John

What would you use the old truck for? The only reason I would keep two trucks right now is if I used one for all the dirty farm chores and kept the other one nice. If you aren't going to be using the old truck for much, I would sell it. Vehicles do not do well when they start sitting a lot and don't get driven.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    What would you use the old truck for? The only reason I would keep two trucks right now is if I used one for all the dirty farm chores and kept the other one nice. If you aren't going to be using the old truck for much, I would sell it. Vehicles do not do well when they start sitting a lot and don't get driven.
    He could drive it while his new one is being worked on.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    He could drive it while his new one is being worked on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345