Great Bass Boat Seach 2020-21

Check out Ken Smith's YouTube Channel
    He just downloaded Video 1 of my VX20
    This is part 1 of 2 or 3 videos

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I saw one at the boat ramp that gray color it looked really good and as Ken said the other colors it’s just ok but I think it really makes that boat lines look good in that color

3. Member
    Boat looks great! Working out the details on my order.
    Last edited by unpaulie; 10-23-2020 at 05:59 AM.

4. Comanche warrior MassBass320v's Avatar
    I wonder if the designers at Vexus (or any boat manufacturer) would take any of Ken's (or any bass fisherman's) comments or thoughts into account and consider implementing them in the future.... like relocating guages so they can be seen with dual graphs at the console
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

5. Member
    Just watched it. I’ve been waiting for him to review a Vexus. Boat looked really nice. Looking forward to video 2 and 3 of the review.
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

Quote Originally Posted by MassBass320v View Post
    I wonder if the designers at Vexus (or any boat manufacturer) would take any of Ken's (or any bass fisherman's) comments or thoughts into account and consider implementing them in the future.... like relocating guages so they can be seen with dual graphs at the console
    In my very limited contact with Vexus they have been very open to new ideas. Comments and ideas from boat owners is what fuels innovation and change.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

They look great, super quality and innovation. Out of my price range though.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

Quote Originally Posted by MassBass320v View Post
    You mean like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Willie, your boat looks awesome. I was hoping Ken was going to rate the boat but in the video he says he prefers a 21 foot boat and will wait until he finds a VX21. Enjoy your new boat.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

10. Banned
    Hopefully all the manufacturers listen to him, he has made some great points. Vexus should hire him to sell boats, get away from all the "revolution" and made up trademarked marketing term stuff that's overdone.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Hopefully all the manufacturers listen to him, he has made some great points. Vexus should hire him to sell boats, get away from all the "revolution" and made up trademarked marketing term stuff that's overdone.

I agree with this. That revolution stuff is so dumb.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    ​
    Quote Originally Posted by basstx View Post
    Willie, your boat looks awesome. I was hoping Ken was going to rate the boat but in the video he says he prefers a 21 foot boat and will wait until he finds a VX21. Enjoy your new boat.
    The VX20 is a 21 ft boat (20-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    ​

The VX20 is a 21 ft boat (20-11)
    Yeap! Just like the AVX line up just being a few inches short of the next size up. The 1880 is 19ft, 1980 is 20ft and the 2080 is 21ft. Other manufacturers market boats just opposite. A Tracker 195 is actually 18ft 7”
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Yeap! Just like the AVX line up just being a few inches short of the next size up. The 1880 is 19ft, 1980 is 20ft and the 2080 is 21ft. Other manufacturers market boats just opposite. A Tracker 195 is actually 18ft 7”
    Plenty of other boat companies market like vexus. 19, 20, and 21' boats are usually 6 to 8" longer than they are advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post

Only 4 inches separate the 1980 from a 2080. 19' 10" and 20' 2". Both are "20'" boats.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

16. Member
    Thought Kens review was really good of the VX20 and can’t wait to see the VX21 with the complete review of both. Trying to decide between a VX21 and a Lynx, just having a few personal hang ups with the Vexus. IMO they are missing the boat with the trailer by not welding up the pole and steps to the trailer as it really looks like an add on instead of belonging too. Also, am very partial to a Bass Cat trailer being the best in the business, would like the bunks set up more of the same instead of excess hardware between bunk and frame.

17. Member
    The Vexus trailer is top notch. Have you noticed the storage compartments in the trailer steps? My VX20 came standard with brakes on all 4 wheels. Only thing I would change is move the spare to the side from under the front of the boat. The boat loads effortlessly on the trailer

18. Member
    I'm sure the trailer is top notch, just making an observation from boat shopping and narrowing it down to the nitty gritty. As far as the storage compartments in the trailer steps, was commenting on the pole and 3 steps that basically look like an after thought and do not flow well with the look of the boat and trailer. I seriously want to purchase a Vexus, but have a few personal hang ups and am looking at after market poles and steps from other manufactures that may flow better.

https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/vx...llery_21&pid=8
    https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/vx...llery_21&pid=7

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnbatz View Post
    I'm sure the trailer is top notch, just making an observation from boat shopping and narrowing it down to the nitty gritty. As far as the storage compartments in the trailer steps, was commenting on the pole and 3 steps that basically look like an after thought and do not flow well with the look of the boat and trailer. I seriously want to purchase a Vexus, but have a few personal hang ups and am looking at after market poles and steps from other manufactures that may flow better.

https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/vx...llery_21&pid=8
    https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/vx...llery_21&pid=7
    Speaking of flow, how do you compare the lynx interior to the Vexus? The lynx is a nice boat, but its not even close to the vexus for an interior fit/finish/flow IMO.

20. Member
    I would have to agree with you on the interior look versus each other, but was specifically talking about the pole and 3 steps. I had know idea that Ken would discuss the latches in his video, but glad he mentioned because its something that could be changed by Vexus if open to discussion, like mentioned above. Glad this thread was started and can't wait to see the VX21 results along with others.