Need help on deciding on bass/offshore boat

Here’s my dilemma. I’m a bass angler most of the time but I do enjoy going to the coast and fishing also. I don’t really go out very far and I usually tag along with my in laws on there center console. I’m looking at the avid 21 but I really don’t like the idea of a remote trolling motor. I’m used to a foot controlled and I just don’t see a good way to fasten the foot pedal down on the anchor door. Anyone else out there like me with some suggestions or experience?

2. Member
    I had the same issue. I like to saltwater fish as well as bass fish. Look at the tiller handle trolling motors. It may take some getting used to but it’s less things to break when fishing in saltwater and they cost about half of what you’ll pay for an auto pilot one with a controller. They do make a wireless foot pedal for minnkota saltwater trolling motors if you want to pay $2500+.If you don’t have a big tray to put it in it can be frustrating to use.

3. Member
    http://www.2040-parts.com/nip-motorg...x-20--i837245/

This type of foot control mount plate may help?

It looks like our family will soon a condo in Panama City. It'll be killing me not to fish while we are there. I enjoy the inland salt water stuff.

4. Member
    Some fiberglass options would be in the flats boat or bay boat category.

Gator trax builds a center console bass boat up to 22 feet long that would be a nice hybrid.

5. Member
    I agree on the trolling motor, a hand control is a good option to a remote steer. Could add a removable mount to swap motors. I plan on ordering a shuttle slide mount next week. (Sponsor board). Center console market is real pricey now. I looked at flats boats real hard. Really liked them. Could do both with a bassboat, maybe add a aluminum trailer.
    Sit down with a cooler of beer some night. Write down a list of the fishing you wanna do, options you want etc. Get a budget. Come back here and we will spend your money for you.

6. Member
    When I had a CC boat for inshore fishing in the early 2000s, I had my dealer screw one of these puppies to the farthest part of the front deck and connect it to the TM harness. That, with an extended handle made life much easier. Seachoice 28101 Foot Control Switch for Manually Operated Trolling Motors – Rated Up to 50 Amps DC
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver