Thread: Hold-on OK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hold-on OK

Here comes our first nasty weather system to help us transition into Winter.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

2. Banned
    I like the cold some of my best fishing is from nov-march. That and being fat leans more towards cold instead of hot.

I would much rather have the cold, I can dress warm but can't legally get undressed enough to be comfortable when it's hot.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    I would much rather have the cold, I can dress warm but can't legally get undressed enough to be comfortable when it's hot.
    Totally ass backwards to my thinking...I’d rather it be hot than cold. Once I get cold I can’t warm up. If I get hot I can jump in the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Totally ass backwards to my thinking...I’d rather it be hot than cold. Once I get cold I can’t warm up. If I get hot I can jump in the lake.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member
    I'm with ch. use to fish all year long. fished when so cold you had to continually put rod in water to clear the ice. harder to go as I get older would rather be on gulf coast in the winter.

7. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roadracer10 View Post
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

9. Banned
    Cold run this morning but caught 28 blues

10. Banned
    Water temp was 63-65 today, going to hit the 50's in no time lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    I totally agree with you, I hate the hot weather. I can always make myself comfortable with it’s chilly out, but when it’s hot, it just plain sucks in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Cold run this morning but caught 28 blues
    Did you catch them on Skiatook? I’ve got to learn how to catch them like that. It would be a hoot just to watch the wife reel them in. She snagged a 50lb Spoonbill up in the Verdigris river while trolling for sand bass. Best laugh I’ve had in years.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Did you catch them on Skiatook? I’ve got to learn how to catch them like that. It would be a hoot just to watch the wife reel them in. She snagged a 50lb Spoonbill up in the Verdigris river while trolling for sand bass. Best laugh I’ve had in years.
    Copan fishing flats most our fish were in 3ft or less water. Had a friend show me a spot that seems to always produce fish all year. Always thought cats went deep in cold water till he showed me they don't. First trip to that spot the water temp was in mid 30's and filled the boat.

14. Banned
    Copan fishing flats most our fish were in 3ft or less water. Had a friend show me a spot that seems to always produce fish all year. Always thought cats went deep in cold water till he showed me they don't. First trip to that spot the water temp was in mid 30's and filled the boat.
    20201027_182551.jpg

15. Banned
    20201027_182551.jpg

Google earth pic of where I catfish copan. As long as the wind is blowing over 5mph you will catch fish there direction dosen't matter just has to be blowing Saturday wind was out of the northeast.

I’ve never been on Copan. Looking at my map it’s a very shallow lake. Is it silted in or just shallow? I may run up there sometime a take a shot at it. Do you use live Shad of cut?

17. Banned
    It's always been shallow. You can run safely up to about 100yrds from that spot than theirs stumps. The north half of the lake is standing timber/stumps. On the west side of the lake their is a cleared boat lane going north. Running north up the boat lane it turns 90° to the west just about 20 yards short of that turn their is another lane cut in the trees that runs stright east. Shad whole or cut.

Planning on a trip to Oolagah this Saturday. Put in at double creek ramp and going out on the flat by the mouth of the river. With this rain they should be loaded up. Your more than welcome to join us last time I was over there had my line broke twice. Probably would be fishing it almost every weekend but the lake was going down before this rain and theirs not much water out there at normal. I catch more on Copan and bigger on Oolagah. I'm in hopes I can learn Oolagah enough to produce more fish.

Planning on a trip down to Kerr in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 10-29-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Double creek is where I always caught my best stringers of bass back in the day. I haven’t been north of Winganon bridge on the lake in a very long time. If I go north it’s always up in the river chasing sand bass in the spring. Good luck, you never know, I might show up. Thanks

19. Banned
    Hope you went I only saw one other boat that was way over tied up next to the bluff. We fished the mouth of the river and had a ball. Had a limit in the livewell in a couple hours and just kept catching ended up fishing way later than I planned so I let our fish go. Had a great day despite the wind.

My daughter and grand kids showed up yesterday. So got to spend time with them. I was wondering how the wind treated you. It was blowing pretty good here and we set in the trees.
    Did you catch any big ones? What’s the best bait. I’m going to take the wife up this week. Glad you had fun. I get a kick out of my wife giggling while she fights them in. I’d rather watch that than catch myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast