Week long fishing trip in FL

Hey guys,
    I could use some advice. I am headed to Port St. Lucie for a week with my Dad. Its a "better do this trip while my Dad still can" trip. We have a couple charters planned. I know we are fishing Okeechobee and doing some off shore fishing. Any other lakes worth looking into? We will have a boat to fish from so I dont need a charter every day. Since I grew up in AZ, are the mosquitos still going strong? Need to worry about gators at all? Cause Dad isn't as fast as he used to be.

Thank you!

Go to the new lake by the Stick Marsh. Hire a guide if your not bring the boat. The ramp just opened and should catch good numbres.

Big O has been tough, but it's still the Big O..........
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Thanks Bill, the new lake looks pretty good. We figured Okeechobee would be so so. But being so close might as well do it. But I am not sure of is what you FL guys call tough fishing. Fish or no fish, it is still time with my Dad.

4. Member
    Yes there are plenty of mosquitos and no I would not worry about gators. They'll leave you alone if you leave them alone.

5. Member
    A day in the glades and would also highly recommend catching a few peacocks in IDA....they are a blast to catch.

6. Banned
    We have got a ton of rain down here, so that messes things up quite a bit.

7. Member
    Ill be living in PSL by the end of the year as well. Message me and we'll go catch fishes if you like

8. Member
    just make sure your fishing guide is not going to bring 3 dozen shiners and make you watch a bobber all day long...