Hmm. Problem with my new 200DF

Fished a small tournament yesterday, mostly in areas with speed limits, very little high speed use. Started getting "rev" warning light intermittently. Noticed I had no water pressure. Tried revving it up out of gear got surge, indicative of a heat issue. Got beeps from horn. Still no WP.
    Since I was still fishing (but not catching) within 100 yards of the launch I idled short stretches with no issues but still no water pressure. Removed cowling when I took the boat out, no sounds of overheat, felt the block, warm but not hot.
    I bought this motor new this year and have another must go tournament in two weeks so I don't have time to turn it in to the dealer. It's quick and easy to remove the L/U and check the pump, I'll call the dealer today to ask if removing the L/U will void my warranty.

Both inlet screens allow water to flow freely. I will put it on muffs first today. Water IS going into the top it runs out when the motor is tilted down.

First I will see if it's peeing.

2. Member
    Hook a hose up to it and see if that allows anything to be flushed out.
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

3. Member
    Warranty work, tournament angler, dealer should drop everything to get you fixed. Saw water pump kits on ebay, 39.00
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

4. Member
    I have my most important tournament of the year next week, and the dealer couldn't guarantee getting me in and out in time so I dropped the L/U and disassembled the water pump. Other than lightly torqued cover bolts everything looked good so I buttoned it back up and took it to the marina and ran it without the prop on the trailer. It peed but no water pressure. Brought it home removed the dash and checked the gauge, it worked. No water in the hose though. Blew shop 120 p.s.i. back through the line and heard a hissing at or near the motor. Isolated the water pressure tap at the motor. Found the line from the gauge in the bilge unconnected. Blew air forward from the bilge the gauge still worked. Pulled the hose from the block it came out of the shop vac hose connection and was not connected. It was difficult but I re-connected the two on the barb fitting and added two zipties which were not origionally on the hose fitting. Dealer FU, IMHO.
    Anyhow when I ran it without the prop I forgot to take the thrust washer off and it fell off in the drink at the launch ramp. Drove 22 miles to the dealer with my prop he gave me a used thrust washer, an improved version with a "line cutter" raised section. Something I'd never seen before it could save me some money some day.
    I will test it out today on the river.

5. Member
    Too cold and rainy to put in today. Hope for a sunny tomorrow.

Some might look into the line cutter thrust washer.