Dirt dobber damage

Dirt dobber dust was injested in air compressor and went all through rails and injectors. Cleaned all and found a compressor reman kit. Just curious, I know we can handle tear down and redo. Just curious, if I am not happy with outcome I am replacing compressor. Just as a precaution after that disaster
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

2. Member
    Also cleaning everything I can find, looking in front, in cylinders etc...
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    Just out of curiosity,how did that happen? Doesn’t that engine have an air filter?

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Just out of curiosity,how did that happen? Doesn’t that engine have an air filter?
    We rebuild several motors a year that injested a dirt dobber nest,usually from inside the airbox.Doing a 175 looper evinrude now that was full of them.Cattle ear tags tie wraped to each side of the powerhead every 6 months,or a handful of moth balls in the cowling pan will help keep em out,Chris

5. Member
    Yeah gotta seal em up. I have learned
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    Mine was in pulley of compressor. Gotta clean everything.....and hope the powerhead is not fried. If so, oh well
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Banned
    Sounds like an insurance claim to me

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    Sounds like an insurance claim to me
    I hope his insurance company is better than mine. My pro xs ate a nest and they told me to pound sand.

9. Member
    Kinda sux dont it........I am going to tear down all and see what happened
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

10. Member
    I took a close look today. Small nest was on compressor pulley, chunked to flywheel where it turned to dust and injested pieces in air intake and compressor intake. Inside air intake the oil has small pieces of dirt mixed in puddled oil and down inside of air intake. I am going to remove air intake and inspect reeds and clean all. After dealing with compressor and installing rails and injectors I will check compression as I am pretty sure it will have to be rebuilt. 1/2 of a tablespoon of dust is all it takes. After all is done u can bet cowling will be sealed after any outing so help me god.....
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    I took a close look today. Small nest was on compressor pulley, chunked to flywheel where it turned to dust and injested pieces in air intake and compressor intake. Inside air intake the oil has small pieces of dirt mixed in puddled oil and down inside of air intake. I am going to remove air intake and inspect reeds and clean all. After dealing with compressor and installing rails and injectors I will check compression as I am pretty sure it will have to be rebuilt. 1/2 of a tablespoon of dust is all it takes. After all is done u can bet cowling will be sealed after any outing so help me god.....
    Put on a motor cover while in storage. should solve that problem.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

12. Member
    Yup after getting this disaster taken care of air won't even be able to get to my powerhead when not in use
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823