Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Johnny Morris is worth 4.1 bil

Here is why he is worth what he is worth. Sells crap and won’t stand behind it. 2009 z-7. Well taken care of and yet the hull did this. Can’t even get a response out of nitro/tracker and the sad part is I used to be on their state team for nitro.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    the reason he is worth 4 billion is because he is a good businessman the boat is 11 years old hard to tell what the problem is with such a small picture.

3. Member
    It’s a delamination of the hull. I am not good with photos and trying to resize them but it’s on the port side stern. It’s an area that is probably about 24x24. Insurance said they see it on nitros all the time and if you search it there are a LOT of photos of the same damage on a lot of other nitros. We can agree to disagree on Johnny. Good businessman maybe but doesn’t stand behind the products he puts out either

4. Member
    Are you the original owner? The lifetime warranty should cover the repair or replacement.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

5. Member
    Did you talk to him about this? If not,then it is like blasting the CEO of G.M. because a service rep doesn't agree to fix something. Your dealer should be trying to help in dealing with Nitro.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014 nitro z7 View Post
    Did you talk to him about this? If not,then it is like blasting the CEO of G.M. because a service rep doesn't agree to fix something. Your dealer should be trying to help in dealing with Nitro.
    They didn't say no, they can't see what picture was sent to them at 6pm last night.
    Calm down.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Were Z-7s sold with a lifetime? I also believe he said he was 2nd owner.

Sucks no doubt and they have to grind out more to fix it.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    I am the second owner. I did not tak to him and that is just an absurd comment, he isn’t going to talk to me about my 2009 z-7, however he is the owner and the face of the company. IF. He wanted his company to be taking care of these issues they would be, as the owner he would see to it that he ran a company that cares about their product and the people that buy their products. I am not here to argue with anyone or get into a pissing match. I just lost a boat and now I have to part it out to even recover anything from it due to it being a defect in their workmanship. I am sure if you were out money you would be pissed off also.

9. Member
    I would be disappointed also if that happened to my Z7, but if you really like your boat, no need to part it out. After dealing with the boat manufacturer, I would consider filing with my insurance and getting bids to repair entire bottom of my boat. Some shops do Gorilla hulls etc to make them stronger than original. Would consider if I liked my boat. Otherwise, repair bottom and sell with full disclosure of what you had repaired.

10. Member
    Maybe I am lost in this "venting" thread... You said you were the second owner of the boat. The warranty statement for 2009 states " when properly transferred, the second owner receives warranty for a maximum of 10 years from the original purchase date of the original owner". While your hull may be delaminating Tracker is reasonable and willing to help based on case by case evaluations. Unfortunately they can't fix every boat but no manufacturer can do that.

11. Member
    I agree with Boat4Life. This can happen to any fiberglass boat. I would take it to a fiberglass shop and have it examined and get an estimate on repair. No reason it cannot be fixed unless he doesn't want it to.

I also wonder if vikingbass has talked to his local Nitro dealer. There may be nothing they can do for him since its way out of warranty but a dealer is normally the starting point any time you deal with a manufacturer.

FWIW in my own personal experience Nitro stands behind their products just fine. I have owned two and both times they have fixed stuff under warranty. Both times i worked it thru my dealer. Ill tall a story about my old NX882 that i no longer own. That boat i bought used thru my local independent Nitro dealer. Right about 5 years after i bought the boat i had a stringer come loose inside the hull. Causes major stress cracking on both the hull and top cap, one side of the boat was a total mess. Like vikingbass i was angry, real angry but i kept my cool and let my dealer work the problem. They ended up sending the boat back to the factory. Nitro repaired the stringer and fixed all of the cosmetic issues as well, all of the cracking on the hull and top cap. Cracks like that are generally considered cosmetic in the fiberglass boat industry and are normally never covered by warranty, especially the top cap. Those are normally only covered for a year. It took a little massaging by my dealer to get them to fix it but they did fix it. Back then they only did a 5 year warranty on a transfer and ultimately they could have stood behind that and left me with a busted boat but they stepped up and took care of all of it. They also fixed stuff that was never on the list like scratches from hooks on the other side of the hull, they replaced the sun faded plastic dash, the front carpet, and replaced the passenger windshield that was cracked. The boat looked almost new when i got it back. I feel like Nitro stepped up to the plate and stood behind that boat and that experience is why i bought a brand new Z7 when that 882 got hit by and inattentive driver at a toll booth.

Fast forward to my Z7 and i have had one issue with that boat that Nitro also took care of when they didn't really have to. I had stress cracks on both consoles after i had it for a couple years. As most of us know those consoles are bolt in, they flex a fair bit in rough water and are somewhat prone to cracking. I showed them to my dealer and they again worked the issue. I was not expecting any resolution since they top cap and consoles are only covered for a year but again Nitro stepped up and i got 2 brand new consoles installed. They have since cracked again and i have stopped worrying about it since at this point i am way beyond any warranty coverage, the rest of the hull is crack free its just the bolt in consoles.

BMCD, from what my paperwork on my 2008 says its a 10 year on the Z7 hull. Back then i think only the 9 series and the Z9 were lifetime.
    Last edited by jb882; 10-22-2020 at 10:36 AM.

12. Member
    The warranty on that z-7 is 5 years from the date of transfer to the second owner, I have had it 8 years. I agree it can be fixed, anything can be but it’s not a financially reasonable decision. Anywhere from 9-10k to repair the hull. I again can not get a response out of what used to be my local nitro dealer. I live in lake havasu now and there isn’t one here, closest is in Phoenix. I again am
    not here to argue, vent. A little bit yep, as I am now put a lot of money and have to try to recover somehow. Nitro/ Tracker isn’t going to do anything as again it’s a 5 year after transfer to the second owner and I understand that, but just a return email to say hey we are sorry would have at least let me know that they care at all. I did file with the insurance company also (progressive) and they denied the claim for wear and tear/ delamination. If there is no impact to the hull it is not covered, they don’t cover manufacturer defects

13. Banned
    Its not Johnny's fault. Crap happens especially on older boats, its not reasonable to expect a free repair.

14. Dogfish_Jones
    You answered why they will not cover it.
    The warranty on that z-7 is 5 years from the date of transfer to the second owner, I have had it 8 years
    This is a good reason to have insurance on it. I can’t blame Tracker Marine/J. Morris on this. If they started covering out of warranty issues when does the warranty really end then.....never?

Push on your insurance a little more, they are just trying to get out of paying.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    I do have insurance dogfish. They have denied the claim as your insurance does not cover manufacturing defects. You have collision coverage, if there is no impact point then there was no collision and it’s purely a manufacturing issue. You insurance doesn’t cover this. Just like your car insurance wouldn’t cover a blown motor. Not a comp or collision loss so no coverage

Your impact point was in the front 1/4 of the delamination, after a year of water penetration it delaminates taking the evidence away with it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

18. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingbass View Post
    I do have insurance dogfish. They have denied the claim as your insurance does not cover manufacturing defects. You have collision coverage, if there is no impact point then there was no collision and it’s purely a manufacturing issue. You insurance doesn’t cover this. Just like your car insurance wouldn’t cover a blown motor. Not a comp or collision loss so no coverage
    Yea, I see your dilemma , I might push real hard on the insurance company to understand that the separation WAS because of collision from hull hitting the water...like ask them have you ever been going down the lake and hit a cross wave or came up a those waves created by a wake boat? Hell, I’m lucky it’s on the hull that got ripped, it felt like I broke the boat in half.
    Which of course did in fact help contribute to the hull separation. Sometimes the insurance company has to look at those type events as cause/effect situations.

19. Member
    getting on the net an banging a manufacturer for a product that is out of the warranty period that may or may not be a manufacturer defect is not a good way to ask for help. we have seen damage like this before when folks go over pipes or tee post in the water if the damage is not seen it can blow a good chunk of the bottom off a boat .

20. Member
    As said before get on insurance. A boat of this age there is no way to prove its a manufacturing defect. It's far more likely a small untreated knick in the hull from hitting something or beaching the boat lead to the delamination over a period of time which along with the gelcoat went the evidence.

Situation absolutely sucks and I feel for you but to claim manufacturing defect on a hull in good service for 11 years is a tough sell to anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast