Replacement Material For Carpet

I'm looking for a different material than carpet for the console area flooring.
    I saw a Caymus with a diamond pattern material in there boats that I liked; but I don't know what the material is.
    And I asked in the Caymus section.
    Has anyone seen any other type material that would work well in this area?
    The rest of my carpet looks fairly good; but the floor could use some work.

Sea deck... or Dek-it material is what I've been thinking about replacing my console area carpet with

3. Member
    I hope to see some more feedback here. I'm getting close to ready to recarpeting my 210 Champ. I also want to put something besides carpet in the seating area also. Someone makes a product similar to carpet but it is quick drying. I think there is a member here who had this installed in his Cobra but I don't remember his username.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    getfished, after your post I did some searching. This what I found.

Thread: Surf turf cockpit flooring;
    there is a post here by mojoputter that put Aqua Traction in a Triton that looks nice.

Thread: My Bass Boat Restore,this is the post I think you were talking about by MFbassin. He used Aqua Turf flooring that looks nice also.

Then I found a post where someone used Hydro-Turf, https://www.hydroturf.com/. They have different patterns.
    The Molded Diamond pattern looks like the material I saw in the Caymus.
    Last edited by Disciple; 10-23-2020 at 07:37 PM.

5. Member
    Friend of mine did his whole boat in Seadek. FYI there is a discussion about Seadeck in the "Bassboat Restoration" forum that is current.
    Last edited by BRADVAN; 10-24-2020 at 07:44 AM. Reason: additional information

6. Member
    Thanks guys for the additional info. I think the link posted by Disciple was exactly the one I was thinking about. The product installed in the cockpit of the Cobra is pretty good stuff I think.

BRADVAN - The Seadek is nice also. I am open to considering that also. I see you may be in Iola, Kansas. I am originally from Kansas. Is your friend in Kansas also ? Reason for the question is that I am originally from Kansas. The last 10 years I lived there I was living around Topeka. I still have family in the Wichita area . Would be nice to take a firsthand look at that product on the chance I might be in Kansas visiting family. I would definitely need to see a bass boat like the one you posted before I could go all in. I think that might be a really nice permanent upgrade. Would be curious to know the wear and durability is. Do you know who installed it ? Got me curious now. LOL.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    Sea Dek in my new Xpress and I love it. So far it is as advertised, dries quick, cleans easy and very comfortable.

8. Fishing is a Passion
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

9. Member
    I wonder how the self- adhesive backing would hold-up compared to using regular adhesive?

10. Member
    I don't know but I aint using my pocket and boat to experiment. Not bashing the product , just don't have any experience with it.
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    Type in "EVA faux foam", or "faux teak decking". Amazon has some stuff also. I'm wanting to put this in my boat this winter. Liking the red or grey and red. I repainted the boat white with a red accent. I saw a red camo color, that would definitely help to hide the seam lines.

12. Member
    WOW THATS SGARP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADVAN View Post
    Friend of mine did his whole boat in Seadek. FYI there is a discussion about Seadeck in the "Bassboat Restoration" forum that is current.
    WOW THATS SHARP!! Looks like a spot on install!! Would love to see some more pics.. !! Thank you for posting! May I ask who installed that?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    WOW THATS SGARP
    WOW THATS SHARP!! Looks like a spot on install!! Would love to see some more pics.. !! Thank you for posting! May I ask who installed that?
    That definitely looks awesome. I would consider that for mine. I wonder how well/difficult it is to manage stains , grease and the like.
    GETFISHED !!!

14. Member
    Looks good, impressive!