Disconnecting engine to replace rigging hose

Hi all

2004 Optimax 225 (OT847960)

i need to replace the rigging hose to my engine. Just checking, but can i disconnect the oil hose at the outboard and then reconnect, followed by bleeding the engine mounted oil tank as necessary, or will disconnection of the oil feed from the remote tank prompt a dealer reset and priming of the oil system?

thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can simply bleed the air from the engine mounted tank unless you open a connection AFTER the engine tank (which you should not in this case).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Perfect. As I suspected. Thank you.

If you want to do less work, there is a zippered rigging tube made by TH Marine. There is also large spiral electrical tubing That can be used without disconnecting anything.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    If you want to do less work, there is a zippered rigging tube made by TH Marine.
    Forgive me for butting in, but if you go with the zippered rigging tube do you need to change the flange on the front of the motor? Mine is currently setup for the large hard-plastic rigging hose.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    Cut the hose down the middle and be careful not to cut anything else. Leave two or three inches from both flanges and the TH zipper cover will wrap over the the excess hosing you left. Looks clean and you wont have to disconnect anything

Quote Originally Posted by Slim95 View Post
    Cut the hose down the middle and be careful not to cut anything else. Leave two or three inches from both flanges and the TH zipper cover will wrap over the the excess hosing you left. Looks clean and you wont have to disconnect anything
    What I have done and used a few zip ties at both ends to keep it secure.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Slim95 View Post
    Thanks!
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.