Extended CLE Case

I purchased a extended cle case from a tn dealer that says the case was built by JC for an Allison. 3/4 of an inch was added to the back end. He says it lifts the back better for better handling and better top end. He also says it was designed to run with an over the hub prop and not a thru hub prop. I get home and put it on and sadly my worked 28 chopper and my 26 chopper won't work on it. The front of the blades won't clear the extended part of the unit. I put on my worked 26 trophy and it fits but only about 1/16 of an inch clearance which I've been told is fine. Not sure if i should keep it or swap it out for a regular case. Anyone know of these case mods?

2. Member
    Reynolds sells a thrust washer that will likely move the prop back on the shaft far enough to resolve your clearance issues. You could also have someone just remove the blowout ring if you needed. JC did nice work. Probably a nice driving gear case . Click on the problem solver link. http://reynoldsracingmarine.com/rrstoref2.htm

3. Member
    Thank you sir.

4. Member
    Bought one from reynolds and bought on on ebay for 14 bucks. Don't hurt to have a spare.

5. Member
    Just so y'all know, the extended case does lift the back of the boat more. Not saying it runs any faster cause I couldn't open it up like i wanted but it does seem to do what it was designed to do.