Rigged Fuel Pump

Here's my problems on my 2007 Tracker 175 TXW 60 HP: I'm not sure what was done by the previous owner. It looks like the electric fuel pump went bad and they replaced it with the wrong one. The electric plug wouldn't plug up to the "new" pump so they added all this yellow wire. There must be 6 foot of it! It was crammed down in the lower cover. They just stuck some terminals into the factory plug so it's still there. No tape or anything. Then there's this "device" with three hoses on it that is outside of the cover laying on the back of the boat. I think is a regulator. All three hoses go back into the engine cover.

The boat ran for about 4 miles just fine before it died. Then I pumped up the primer and it restarted. We made it back almost to the ramp but when I went back to idle, it died. Pumped the primer and it never would pump up hard. The engine would fire up and die again. You can pump the primer ball until your hand falls off and it will never get hard. BUT! If I remove the fuel supply where it connects to the outboard, it pumps up hard so I'm thinking it can't be the primer. I don't see any fuel coming out anywhere and the oil doesn't smell like gas and it's at the proper level.

I've taken a bunch of pictures. I hope the link works! I'd like to take all the wrong stuff off and go back stock. Is there a internet site where I can view fuel line routing and order parts?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...m6?usp=sharing

2. Member
    Sorry I can't help you out. It sucks when someone does a half-assed repair instead of doing it right. I would post this in the mercury forum, make sure you post the required information: motor year, HP, serial # etc.. I'm sure that you'll get plenty of good answers there.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    REPOSTED IN MERCURY FORUM

Dude, you have no VST tank. They took the VST take out that runs the high-pressure fuel pump inside of it for the fuel injection on the EFI you have exact same motor I have. That is the wildest thing I’ve ever seen.065967BB-F978-4B14-BE2E-CAD384864976.jpeg D07F3D1E-95A6-4F15-8A50-C2D4B322CB78.jpeg

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Dude, you have no VST tank. They took the VST take out that runs the high-pressure fuel pump inside of it for the fuel injection on the EFI you have exact same motor I have. That is the wildest thing I’ve ever seen.065967BB-F978-4B14-BE2E-CAD384864976.jpeg D07F3D1E-95A6-4F15-8A50-C2D4B322CB78.jpeg
    That's what I'm figuring out. It's a 850 dollar part and they must have wanted to do the economy version repair.