Well Crestliner stopped making the PT series boats

I guess besides the MX21 there will be another slightly smaller MX 18 or 19 with a pad hull
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

2. Banned
    Probably a good move considering the performance tin market as such growing.

3. Banned
    And all the PT problems.

What problems were they having with the PT series? I don’t see too many PT models running around my area so haven’t looked into them too much.

5. Member
    My PT18 has been solid, but I've heard other mention problems, other than porpoising problems on the early models with a 150 hp, I haven't seen or heard of anything
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    What problems were they having with the PT series? I don’t see too many PT models running around my area so haven’t looked into them too much.
    I sat in a tricked out PT20, had every option on it. It look well maintained but had a list a mile long of major problems. Structural transom cracks, consoles falling apart, even after multiple repairs it was a legal battle. We have a guy on bbc, can't remember his name but he must have signed a non-disclosure with his settlement because he won't say all the pt problems he had.

I hope they ironed out all the previous PT issues for the MX series. Looks like it should be a good setup.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I sat in a tricked out PT20, had every option on it. It look well maintained but had a list a mile long of major problems. Structural transom cracks, consoles falling apart, even after multiple repairs it was a legal battle. We have a guy on bbc, can't remember his name but he must have signed a non-disclosure with his settlement because he won't say all the pt problems he had.
    I always wondered if the heavier 4 strokes were going to have any impact on transoms previously designed for 2 strokes.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    I always wondered if the heavier 4 strokes were going to have any impact on transoms previously designed for 2 strokes.
    I don't know, my Yamaha 150 Hpdi weighs 472 The 200 SHO is something like 505