Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trailer Bunk ideas?

Does anyone have any experience with Tuff Bunks? They're inexpensive and seem like a good idea. I'm not interested in the slippery Gator bunks or whatever you call them. https://www.protechmatsproducts.com/...ent-tuff-bunk/
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbrell224 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Tuff Bunks? They're inexpensive and seem like a good idea. I'm not interested in the slippery Gator bunks or whatever you call them. https://www.protechmatsproducts.com/...ent-tuff-bunk/
    they sure look sticky

There is a post in the Nitro Forum of someone who replaced with Tuff bunks.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Gatorbaks aren't slippery. They load and unload about same as carpet.

5. Member
    a good set of carpeted bunks will last 15 years,i think there is a reason boat mfg still use them

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    a good set of carpeted bunks will last 15 years,i think there is a reason boat mfg still use them
    Mine lasted four from the factory.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

7. Member
    Mine lasted four from the factory.
    I have a skeeter with the same brand trailer as your Nitro. Mine are going on 18 years and still hanging tough. I check them once a week (I fish 4-5 days a week). Maybe they (EZLoader) started using cheap products for Nitro? Mine are treated 2x4’s with ABS side boards. Covered in the same carpet as the boat.

8. Member
    Has anyone had them long enough to comment on potential for hull blisters?
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    Has anyone had them long enough to comment on potential for hull blisters?
    In the case of gatorbaks my boat bunks do not stay wet. I live near the lake, I now get no dripping in the garage when I get home. I can only imagine this will help prevent blisters. And carpet picks up sand and debris and will sand the finish down over time. I'm sure tuff bunks is the same, would like to know how hard the coating is on tuff bunks.

I have been testing my Gatorbaks, and I now have confidence I can dunk and pull my boat out without it being attached. Still gonna leave it attached it for a few more trips, but it has yet to slip on the trailer.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

I have been pleased with these.

11. Member
    I'm into my 20th year with my carpeted bunks on my Ranger. Reading this post I went and checked them and they still look to be in good shape. I like the idea of the Tuff Bunks but as mine are in good shape I really can't justify spending $400 on a new set.

12. TJNYSNP
    Tip... just use outdoor plywood and cover it well with a sealer and .. this is the key.... do NOT wrap the bottom of each board/bunk with carpet.. leave the bottom edge open to air.... that is where it gets logged with water and doesn't dry out.. the base edge

13. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

I have been pleased with these.
    Got those on my Tracker trailer. It's more like a roller trailer than a bunk trailer now but love how easy the boat loads and unloads.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

14. Member
    If I heard correctly, they can't use treated wood anymore because of some silly state's law. That would explain the whole problem.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

15. Member
    "Rubberized submergible wood". Hmmmm...sounds interesting.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Hp gatorbaks is the way to go

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    Tip... just use outdoor plywood and cover it well with a sealer and .. this is the key.... do NOT wrap the bottom of each board/bunk with carpet.. leave the bottom edge open to air.... that is where it gets logged with water and doesn't dry out.. the base edge
    see thats what I was thinking about these rubber coated bunks, one leak and that sukkers holdin water

18. Member
    I have Tuff Bunks on my Z21 trailer. They are great so far, but I only put them on a month ago, so only 4-5 loads/unloads on them.

If you think $400 is a lot, you're in for a shock when you look at some of the other options.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

19. mikesxpress
    Brad the Gatorbak XP bunks are not slippery. Those of us that have had them on for years can answer any questions you have.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I have Tuff Bunks on my Z21 trailer. They are great so far, but I only put them on a month ago, so only 4-5 loads/unloads on them.

If you think $400 is a lot, you're in for a shock when you look at some of the other options.
    What was $400? I'm seeing way less than that on their site. I'm not going to pay a high price for anything. I'll just buy treated lumber and carpet.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast