Check engine alarm

Mercury 150optimax DFI alarm sounds occasionally at low and idle speed.what should I look at to correct.

2. Member
    The next forum down covers your engine and please note engine serial numbers are required when posting.

There are many things that can cause an alarm, is the alarm a continuous uninterrupted tone or a series of beeps? What is maintenance history? When was water pump last serviced and compressor strainer cleaned?

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance

Please READ BEFORE Posting
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving to the 2.5L Forum for you.

Anytime you have cooling system problems, ALWAYS, ALWAYS start at the Source: The Water Pump.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I do not have serial number, and do not know how to find it as the decal on motor is unreadable.

5. Member
    Might check under cowl, there's a label on the starboard head containing serial number on my engine. Your may, or may not, have one. There's a picture showing this in this topic - How to find your serial number on your Mercury outboard
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax