Comments/Thoughts on aftermarket brace— Ultrex shaft to Mega 360 shaft

So what is the deal on the brace between the two shafts?
    looks like a good idea to me, but have seen comments about voiding warranties.

is is helpful or not, given the $1300 price tag for the 360?

2. Member
    This is my personal opinion and someone may be along shortly to disprove it.. My m360 jiggles on road bumps when traveling and rough waves. It does not bang or clank around and beat itself up. The movement in my opinion is minimal and not sharp or intense. The shaft flex allows the transducer head the freedom to move around without there being anything to cause hard impacts. By adding a brace all you’re doing is limiting that shaft flex and creating a more direct line for the impact energy of road potholes/big waves to transfer down the shaft and into the transducer head. So until my m360 starts beating itself onto the trolling motor/bow I don’t see the need for a brace. I don’t fish near stumps but I can also see where having a brace would not allow the shaft to flex if the m360 head ever bumped a stump.

Those brackets can be helpful to stabilize the original 360 with oil filled transducer - in rough water the vibration would hurt the image. I don’t think they are necessary on the new 360.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

4. Member
    Interested as well, any others with experiences having one on?

5. Member
    I was told, via email, that using one of these braces may void the warranty. Can anyone comment on that point?
    I had the thought that if a brace was really necessary, Humminbird would provide it, or at least offer one for sale.

And the price range for these things is wild $250+ on the top end, to about $100 on the low side.

Mike Whitten

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwhitten View Post
    I was told, via email, that using one of these braces may void the warranty. Can anyone comment on that point?
    I had the thought that if a brace was really necessary, Humminbird would provide it, or at least offer one for sale.

And the price range for these things is wild $250+ on the top end, to about $100 on the low side.

Mike Whitten
    Exactly what Humminbird told me, would void the warranty