Xd100 in 200 pro xs

Has anyone used Evinrude xd-100 in a pro xs? They are both direct injection outboards, just curious if there’s an issue with using it.
    \'07 294xl 200 E-tec HO

2. Banned
    It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving thread to the 3L Mercury Forum for you.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank you! Didn’t even realize the different forums. Appreciate the heads up!
    \'07 294xl 200 E-tec HO

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    While I must admit that I'm not an expert on the E-Rude product, I seem to recall that there was a setting in the ECM that had to be changed to switch from conventional lubricant to the XD-100.

Personally- this makes me even more wary of using that lubricant in your Optimax.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    While I must admit that I'm not an expert on the E-Rude product, I seem to recall that there was a setting in the ECM that had to be changed to switch from conventional lubricant to the XD-100.

Personally- this makes me even more wary of using that lubricant in your Optimax.
    The XD100 setting on Etec's leans out the oil setting to consume less. You can use XD100 on the TC-W3 setting as well. Only XD100 is approved for this setting but some claim to have no issues with Amsoil HP.

7. Member
    I'd sell the XD100 to someone with an Etec and get Mercury or Quicksilver DFI for your Optimax.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    I'd sell the XD100 to someone with an Etec and get Mercury or Quicksilver DFI for your Optimax.
    +1. Mercury recommends their dfi oil for a reason. Sure part of that reason is to make money for them but they are the ones that warranty the motor so they certainly wouldn’t recommend something that would be bad for it.

9. Member
    I don't like the dfi oil myself. I use mercury racing. I have screened the dfi and had sampled...
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    I don't like the dfi oil myself. I use mercury racing. I have screened the dfi and had sampled...
    Apples and oranges. The OP has a PROduction XS and DFI is the recommended oil. Your motor is built by Mercury Racing and they do not recommend DFI oil.