Thread: Fulton F2 jack

Fulton F2 jack

This jack is highly recommended on this board. The description says it has a sealed gear case that requires no maintenance.

For those who have used it for a few years how has that worked out? It seems to me that maintenance free would be impossible to achieve. There has to be a seal that could fail without grease.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

You will never turn the gears enough to need more grease. The seals have no pressure and should last your lifetime of hand cranking...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    This jack is highly recommended on this board. The description says it has a sealed gear case that requires no maintenance.

For those who have used it for a few years how has that worked out? It seems to me that maintenance free would be impossible to achieve. There has to be a seal that could fail without grease.
    Here's the reviews of it on e-trailer.
    https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=Fulton+F2+Jack
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KP1923 View Post
    Here's the reviews of it on e-trailer.
    https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=Fulton+F2+Jack
    Yep, and this is one of them:

Nice for the first 2 years, before having to disassemble it and grease the shaft and top gears. Gets a lot of water inside for some reason. Too bad its not better sealed. Finally broke the gears and was told that they are meant to break as a safety precaution. Easy to replace and sent to me overnight and for free. It was Xmas! Nice. Two fishing trips after the gears were replaced, the cheap plastic housing meant to hold the crank, twisted right off. Suggestion for Chinese Manufacturer: Change to a more solid (aluminum) head. I only like this one because of the plate base, and swing away. Not really good for the stated capacity of 2000lbs. Must have been a typo for 200lbs. Wont buy this one again!!

While most of the reviews are positive this one sticks out. Of course we don't know how much he abused it.

Only had mine for a few months now, but so far I like or really, LOVE it !!! So much easier to crank up and down that the original Ranger jack !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    Unless they have changed the design; water will get inside. I have had mine 4 to 5 years. About every two years I have to disassemble the jack, clean and re- grease.
    But it's not that hard of a job, and I like the jack a lot. I would buy again. It sure didn't cost me $230 some dollars though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    It sure didn't cost me $230 some dollars though.
    Reading threads on this jack it seems most got it for much less. When did the price spike and why?

8. Member
    I wanted to come back and make a comment after the F2 jack was installed. I now understand the appeal. Everything about it works better - cranking, pivoting, rolling, stability.

Well worth putting it on.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    I wanted to come back and make a comment after the F2 jack was installed. I now understand the appeal. Everything about it works better - cranking, pivoting, rolling, stability.

Well worth putting it on.
    I agree....like mine!

AND............It looks good too !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    AND............It looks good too !!!
    I have this one too. Love it. 3 years now

12. Member
    mine 2nd year got tough to crank ,felt like ready to break to where it wouldn't crank no more Hummm , well I took the top black cap off and greased it , no improvement . So I call support , they say needs to be greased i ask him says maintenance free I don't see any grease zeks , behind the shaft below the crank handle on the inner side is a hole spray inside some wd-40 let it soak then pump grease inside while cranking , so after some time getting better but they should have in manual to do this , NOT MAINTENANCE FREE !!

13. Member
    I've had 2 trailers with f2 and it not only looks good but it operates nicely. no maintenance for me so far. I think we broke the plastic tee off the pin on one of them but it still worked fine