Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    [QUOTE=croix-man;11446847]I raced 7 hare scrambles this last year. Started riding dirt bikes last year. Pretty good times and makes you stay in shape. Lol... I'm running a Yamaha YZ 250 FX myself.

You sir, “get it”.

PM me your address & t-shirt size and I’ll get one of our 2Stroke shirts in the mail to you.

I just purchased an ‘84 YZ 250 “barn find” that had been sitting in a garage for over twenty-five years. I’m already rebuilding its little sister - an ‘89 YZ 85 that had been crashed hard and then abandoned in the previous owner’s backyard for four years - apparently as a chew toy for their dog. On the 85, their dog ate the seat and chewed all the plastics. Like people, every bike has a unique, interesting and intriguing history. I intend to acquire one of each of the YZ 2Stroke CC classes for display in the shop and as riders for the shop and customers…
    Last edited by Neverest; 11-02-2021 at 07:50 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post

Old racer from the wayback machine here...

Have been researching several bikes lately, the KLX among them, as I'd love to swing a leg over another before I'm 'too old' (I'm only 58).

Problem is that I'd have to travel so far to reach any decent places to ride (maybe that's a blessing in disguise); which would also put a damper on the money/time I spend in my main vice (fishing).

To you guys that are still enjoying the track/trails into your 40s, 50s & beyond... Good stuff!
    Your picture reminds me of the classic “On Any Sunday” movie. I often run it in the background at my small 2Stroke shop. Most of the “old” riders that have seen it can specifically recall where and when they first saw it. I believe it had a significant and tremendous impact and influence on the industry and youth, in particular, back in the day…
    Last edited by Neverest; 11-02-2021 at 07:51 AM.

After years sleeping in a tent and buying 3 campers in the last few months trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t for me, I finally found one I’m happy with. Ease of towing like a pop up camper, but has hard walls when set up which takes less than 30 seconds. Used it over Thanksgiving Weekend for the first time. She’s a keeper!

4. Member
    Looks nice. What’s the cost

5. Member
    Dang, I like that camper!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawk View Post
    Looks nice. What’s the cost
    Prices like everything else is all over the place. After a few months of searching around the US, I found one in Orange, TX for under $10,000 but seen them as high as $17,500 like this Starcraft Comet which is basically the same as mine. https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...2FD-5018047361

Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Dang, I like that camper!!
    Thanks, I love it. Holds two motorcycles with two ramps that also form a gate up front. Has stereo with four speakers, fridge, microwave, sink, 3 burner stove, outside bbq pit, shower, 2 batteries, 2 propane tanks, bed, plus a two bench seat that you can turn into a bed. Also has good ground clearance if you like to camp off the beaten path, plus four stabilizer jacks. The bubble windows above the beds are nice to look out of at night to see all the stars.

8. Member
    I collect old Suzuki MX bikes. So far I have a 1973
    TM400, 1974 TM250, 1974 TM125 and a 1975
    RM125. Should be getting a 1976 RM370 soon.
    They are all refurbished and look like new.

Doing some off road exploring in the N. Ga Mountains.

10. Banned
    Selling the KLX300R. It's listed on multiple sites. If I don't get a hit soon I'll probably just trade it in. Going back to a 2 stroke. Picking up a 2022 GasGas EX250.

If anyone here is interested in my 2022 KLX300R, about 10 hours on it, let me know. Comes with 24 months of Kawasaki Protection Plus warranty good until 3/11/24. Bike is pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Selling the KLX300R. It's listed on multiple sites. If I don't get a hit soon I'll probably just trade it in. Going back to a 2 stroke. Picking up a 2022 GasGas EX250.

If anyone here is interested in my 2022 KLX300R, about 10 hours on it, let me know. Comes with 24 months of Kawasaki Protection Plus warranty good until 3/11/24. Bike is pristine.
    Have you tried Facebook Marketplace? I sold one of my dirtbikes last month in two days. Good luck with the Gas Gas! Great bikes!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Have you tried Facebook Marketplace? I sold one of my dirtbikes last month in two days. Good luck with the Gas Gas! Great bikes!
    Yeah it's on there. Of course I have numbnuts PM'ing me saying I'm asking over what a new one is retail. They're $5800 sticker. I'm asking $6250, with ProTaper bars, Acerbis wrap around guards, billet levers AND the transferrable 24 month warranty.

My OTD for just the bike and warranty was $7800. These people must think dealers don't charge tax, destination, setup and doc fees. I think my price is more than fair.

Yeah it's on there. Of course I have numbnuts PM'ing me saying I'm asking over what a new one is retail. They're $5800 sticker. I'm asking $6250, with ProTaper bars, Acerbis wrap around guards, billet levers AND the transferrable 24 month warranty.

My OTD for just the bike and warranty was $7800. These people must think dealers don't charge tax, destination, setup and doc fees. I think my price is more than fair.
    They know you paid those fees, but don’t care about that. They think $5,800 sticker new and you talked the salesman down to $5,000. so they want the bike for $4,500.

Just be patient if you can, warm weather, and people wanting to get out and ride. Hopefully it’ll sell soon.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    They know you paid those fees, but don’t care about that. They think $5,800 sticker new and you talked the salesman down to $5,000. so they want the bike for $4,500.

Just be patient if you can, warm weather, and people wanting to get out and ride. Hopefully it’ll sell soon.
    We all know there ain't no talkin prices down. It's MSRP or nothing. lol

But, hey, if you're interested in riding Durhamtown (now Off Road Adventure Georgia) let me know. I can make a trip down there to do some riding. I really want to check that place out.

We all know there ain't no talkin prices down. It's MSRP or nothing. lol

But, hey, if you're interested in riding Durhamtown (now Off Road Adventure Georgia) let me know. I can make a trip down there to do some riding. I really want to check that place out.
    Nope, just like boats, motorcycle sales are doing good too. Last time I went to my local dealership, they didn’t have any inventory.

Yeah I definitely want to check it out. I sold my Beta last month and all I have right now is my DRZ400SM. Plan is to get another dirtbike in the fall. Don’t like to ride off-road in the summer months. I’ll keep you posted if I go.

I just sold a pristine 2002 honda cr125 for a friend. He was asking 3,000 for it. I had it listed for 4 months. Had 1,000's of offers for 1,000 to 2,000 and trades but only one guy came out to look at it and bought it. The right buyer is out there, just needs to see ad.

17. Banned
    Contacted a dealer on Friday about trading my bike and buying a KTM. Sent pictures of my bike and we soft settled on a trade in value given there were no issues when I brought it to them. Get there yesterday and they look over the bike, yada yada, we talk about the bike I want to buy. After like 2 hours we finally sit down to look at numbers. These pukes tried low balling me by $1000 on my trade AND slipped in a $1200 Market Adjustment increase to the price of the bike I wanted to buy. Then told me the market adjustment was KTM's doing and they had no control over it. That it was advertised all over the internet and every KTM dealer has to do it due to supply constraints, low inventory, yada yada bullshit. I asked if he was high on drugs and if I could get some to help me agree to those numbers. Then I said I want the original soft agreed price for my bike since there is zero wrong with it, practically brand new with only 10 hours, and that I wasn't paying that mark up on the new bike. ***** makes me wait another 30 minutes and comes back with another $200 on my trade and they'll knock off $100 on the mark up. I said clearly you don't want my business and I don't do business with ****ing rats.

Called another dealer and explained the situation without mentioning the previous dealers name. Guy on the phone said "I know who you're talking about. Greasy sheisters over there. There's no KTM manufacturer mark up. They lied to you. We sell at MSRP. We'll also give you NADA or more for your trade since used inventory is low right now."

So, I'm heading there next weekend to see if I can work a deal. Hopefully my bike sells before that, otherwise I have no problem trading it for a bit of a loss on my side.

Contacted a dealer on Friday about trading my bike and buying a KTM. Sent pictures of my bike and we soft settled on a trade in value given there were no issues when I brought it to them. Get there yesterday and they look over the bike, yada yada, we talk about the bike I want to buy. After like 2 hours we finally sit down to look at numbers. These pukes tried low balling me by $1000 on my trade AND slipped in a $1200 Market Adjustment increase to the price of the bike I wanted to buy. Then told me the market adjustment was KTM's doing and they had no control over it. That it was advertised all over the internet and every KTM dealer has to do it due to supply constraints, low inventory, yada yada bullshit. I asked if he was high on drugs and if I could get some to help me agree to those numbers. Then I said I want the original soft agreed price for my bike since there is zero wrong with it, practically brand new with only 10 hours, and that I wasn't paying that mark up on the new bike. ***** makes me wait another 30 minutes and comes back with another $200 on my trade and they'll knock off $100 on the mark up. I said clearly you don't want my business and I don't do business with ****ing rats.

Called another dealer and explained the situation without mentioning the previous dealers name. Guy on the phone said "I know who you're talking about. Greasy sheisters over there. There's no KTM manufacturer mark up. They lied to you. We sell at MSRP. We'll also give you NADA or more for your trade since used inventory is low right now."

So, I'm heading there next weekend to see if I can work a deal. Hopefully my bike sells before that, otherwise I have no problem trading it for a bit of a loss on my side.
    Good luck selling and getting a new motorcycle! Hope it all works out!

19. Member
    My Son and I raced motocross together and had a blast. I raced my last race when I was 54 years old. My Son made it all the way to pro class in motocross, had sponsors the whole bit. I always raced and rode a CRF450, and my son raced KX450's and KX250's because they were sponsor bike. But just for trail riding those bikes are a lot of bike.

Had an interesting call from my best friends dad this past week. He told me was done with the dirt bikes after first starting riding in the Californian desert back in the 60's. This is the man who taught me offroad. He's 83 years old and can barely get on his bike anymore. He told me to come get all the bikes and gear. It was a somber time loading every thing up. All the memories he has with them. He had most of his bikes from over the years. Some are too far gone after sitting under tarps over the years. There was a 60's bultaco, a 70's husqvarna, a couple 80's yamaha 250's, 2 honda xr80's, a trail 90. Then his honda cr250r and then Matt's, my best friends yamaha yz250 that has been on the back porch since his death in 2014. I know for sure I will be keeping and restoring the Husqvarna and Matt's yz.
    20220327_161740.jpg
    20220327_161750.jpg
    20220430_095917.jpg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast