Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    cool action shot from last weekend at Brushy Mtn.
    No it wasn't me

Benny 2.JPG

That looks painful?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basnbran View Post
    cool action shot from last weekend at Brushy Mtn.
    No it wasn't me

Benny 2.JPG
    Been there done that.

4. Banned
    Just picked up this Kawasaki KLX300R today. So happy to be back on 2 wheels in the dirt! If any of yall in NC/SC/TN/VA want to rip some trails let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Just picked up this Kawasaki KLX300R today. So happy to be back on 2 wheels in the dirt! If any of yall in NC/SC/TN/VA want to rip some trails let me know.
    Congrats on the bike! How’s the riding in NC, SC, and TN?

If anybody knows someone selling a Beta Xtrainer, let me know. I’m looking to buy.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Congrats on the bike! How’s the riding in NC, SC, and TN?
    It's good! Carolina Adventure World in SC is probably the best place I've been. Over 100 miles of woods trails, MX, enduro, circle and drag tracks, camping. Can ride there all weekend and not hit the same dirt twice. We have Uwharrie, Brown Mountain, Brushy Mountain, Outback ATV and Busco Beach in NC. There are other parks I've not been to.

I've not been to VA or TN, but see there are some nice places to ride there.

8. Banned
    Hit up Carolina Adventure World today. Excellent conditions. Bike did awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sold the Yamaha WR450 and bought a 2019 Beta 200RR a few weeks ago. Took it out yesterday with and rode Forest Hills, La. I’m very impressed with this bike! Feels like a mountain bike, really lightweight! Brakes are strong, almost too much stopping power. Motor can be lugged down low. It’s also street legal which is a plus connecting trails together. Very happy with this dirtbike!

10. Banned
    Those Beta's are sweet!

11. Member
    I would so love to get a 200 RR Beta.

12. Banned
    Hit Enoree OHV yesterday. Place is awesome, well maintained, very flowy.

Washed out on 512, high sided, launched OTB upside down straight in to a tree. Entire right side of my back from the shoulder blade to my hip took the impact and is one giant bruised raspberry. I think my camelbak took some of the impact as there was bark embedded in it. Banged my right knee on the handlebar, then the bike slammed down on my right ankle and pinned it to the trail bank.

Thankfully nothing is broken, on me or the bike, other than my pride. Pinched nerve in my lower back though, and right ankle is rather swollen but it doesn't hurt.

Hit Enoree OHV yesterday. Place is awesome, well maintained, very flowy.

Washed out on 512, high sided, launched OTB upside down straight in to a tree. Entire right side of my back from the shoulder blade to my hip took the impact and is one giant bruised raspberry. I think my camelbak took some of the impact as there was bark embedded in it. Banged my right knee on the handlebar, then the bike slammed down on my right ankle and pinned it to the trail bank.

Thankfully nothing is broken, on me or the bike, other than my pride. Pinched nerve in my lower back though, and right ankle is rather swollen but it doesn't hurt.
    Damn, the joys of riding Dirtbikes! Gotta love it! How are you feeling today?

Never been to Enoree. Is it hilly? Rocky? Easy? Hard?

Hope you heal up soon and back at it again!

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Damn, the joys of riding Dirtbikes! Gotta love it! How are you feeling today?

Never been to Enoree. Is it hilly? Rocky? Easy? Hard?

Hope you heal up soon and back at it again!
    Enoree is mad flowy. Some of the best trails I've been on in terms of flow. Well maintained as well. Pretty much all hard and soft packed clay. Problem is, they like to dump sand in the washed out sections. I came around a dirt corner to the left, to an immediate corner to the right that was all sand. I just lost traction. Not knowing the trail was also a factor.

I would recommend Enoree to anyone. Place is amazing, and for only $5 to ride it's hard to beat.

I'm doing good. Back has a pinched nerve. Everything else is just bruised, but not sore. Oddly. Having good gear on saved me. All the gear, all the time.

Enoree is mad flowy. Some of the best trails I've been on in terms of flow. Well maintained as well. Pretty much all hard and soft packed clay. Problem is, they like to dump sand in the washed out sections. I came around a dirt corner to the left, to an immediate corner to the right that was all sand. I just lost traction. Not knowing the trail was also a factor.

I would recommend Enoree to anyone. Place is amazing, and for only $5 to ride it's hard to beat.

I'm doing good. Back has a pinched nerve. Everything else is just bruised, but not sore. Oddly. Having good gear on saved me. All the gear, all the time.
    Might have to make a weekend trip over there one day since it’s only 160 miles away.

Good gear is definitely a must!

Man you guys are making me jealous with all this talk of riding!! I'm hoping the chemo will get my strength and endurance back up now that the weather has cooled off some to go ride soon.

Dirt bikes hurt for sure but small price to pay! Fractured fibula last weekend but should be quick,
    Doc said start weight bearing and come back in 2 weeks. Tibula last yr - little more involved.... Got another trip planned for Nov 13 -14. Been to Hatfield McCoy, Brushy Mtn. and Rivers Edge Outdoors - plus club property in last 6 weeks. Kairos next. It is riding season!!
    Be safe.

18. Banned
    I went for imaging on Tuesday. Small fractures and lateral movement in my L4 and L5, which is putting pressure on my spinal cord causing the edema in my right foot. The swelling in my right foot has gone down, which is good, lower chance for there being a clot somewhere.

I won't be riding for a while. 2-3 months at least.

Damn sand. Damn trees.

Hope you guys get to feeling better and healed up soon!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Log time ago, had a Kawasaki 250 in the 80's. It was actually sitting outside on the side of a neighbors barn, saw it sitting there one early spring before the leaves came out. Asked him about it and he told me it was his son's who went away in the Army. He gave it to me so I tore it down and cleaned the engine, replaced the gaskets, lubed all the cables, etc... reassembled it and rode it for many years. He wouldn't take any money so I would show up at his farm and help him out with stuff, mow the grass, hay bailing, etc... Passed it forward in 88 when I moved out of state to a younger teenager in the neighborhood and told him that he needed to help around the guys farm as payment.

I've been debating taking my boys to the local place that does day rentals of 4x4's, dirt bikes, and has lots of land to run around on, it was a blast riding around with some of my other friends that also had them and plenty of land to enjoy.
    Flashback: My first “new off the showroom” 2Stroke when I was going to college - used to walk it up and down (coasted with motor off) the stairs at my apartment complex - didn’t everybody keep their cycle in the living room? By the way, they really frowned on this although my neighbors were fine with it at the time…

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast