Thread: Earplugs??

Earplugs??

Looking for some earplugs to use under my full face helmet. Vance and Hines 4 into 1 gets a bit loud!! Any suggestions??(I may have to repack the muffler, but that's another thread). I tried the cheap foam ones and they didn't work well. Also had a suggestion of using a set of Bluetooth earplugs.
    Seen some specific for motorsports, run about 20-30$. I'd go with that if somebody got a review. Thanks!!

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The wife and I were using the Alpine Motosafe Pro ear plugs. They come with 2 sets of plugs so you can choose which set works best for you.

https://www.alpinehearingprotection..../motosafe-pro/

3. Member
    I have a set of Insta-Mold "custom" silicon plugs that were made for me at a trap shoot but also work really well on the motorcycle if I need to reduce wind noise.

Repack the pipes. Ears will get sore wearing those all day. If it's to loud for you then change it...

5. Member
    Yeah, repacking is on my list.My bike is 28 years old, the vance and Hines muffler is pretty close to that also. Gonna get it apart next spring and see what's left in there. Bunch of little machine screws to get the end cap off.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

6. Member

7. Member
    The foam plugs normally provide the beat hearing pro, IF fitted properly. If you are having issues with off the shelf products due to improper fit, go to an audiologist and have a custom set made, prop 100 bucks.

I use custom plugs and they are not uncomfortable. How much is your hearing worth.
    Changing mufflers would help also but hearing pro would still be recommended.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    The wife and I were using the Alpine Motosafe Pro ear plugs. They come with 2 sets of plugs so you can choose which set works best for you.

https://www.alpinehearingprotection..../motosafe-pro/
    Stop by a guitar store and look for Hearos. Same thing and about 1/2 the price.