Replacing an LSS-2 with a 3-in-1?

Hi!

Just need some help thinking this through. I'm replacing an old LSS-2 transducer on the rear of the boat with a new 3 in 1.

Have to attach fish tape to where it comes out at the console, pull it out from the transom with fish tape, then attach the new ducer head to the fish tape, and feed it back thrugh.

But there's a hole on the back of my transom that all that stuff goes through, and it's pretty tight (Pic attached). I'm struggling with how to get the big connector on the male end of the transducer through this hole on the way out or the way in with those hydraulic lines in there...

Anyone ever switch transducers on an Alpha series? or have any tips?

Do I really need to disconnect the power pole lines to feed it through?

Sure looks like it...

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Legend Alpha 199
    Powered by Mercury ProXS

2. Member
    Besides disconnecting at least 1 set of the power pole lines the only other option it looks like you may have is to use a die grinder or a dremel and take out some more glass in the dirty area to make a relief spot for the hoses to push back in to free up some space. The dirty area is space that is covered by whatever you removed so you have some room to open that area up and it still be covered up when you put it back together. It sucks to make a hole bigger but it’s either that or make a mess redoing the lines.

3. Member
    Personally I would make a new hole as I do not want my transducer-cable(s) going near cables with a high electric load.

4. Member
    Bingo!
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

I recently ran a new transducer cable through the splash well and used this to seal the pass through. Worked out well.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Personally I would make a new hole as I do not want my transducer-cable(s) going near cables with a high electric load.
    His blue power pole lines are hydraulic lines, there is no high power/electric load running thru them.