Best Ultrex Lubricant?

What is the best lubricant for the Ultrex mechanisms, specifically the deploy/stow pull cable slider mechanism? It seems to be sticking a bit. I was thinking 3-1 oil, but maybe a dry silicone or something would be better...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

2. Member
    Spray silicone for me. Any oil conventional oil will build up dirt and wear pivot bushings out. Sand and grim build up will eat bushings very quickly. I’ve been considering using bicycle chain oil from a bicycle shop. I use it on my bicycle chain it drys overnight and stays on well. Designed not to collect dirt on shifting mechanisms and chains. Disassemble yearly and clean everything and reassemble will help as well.

3. Moderator
    Never heard of lubricating a trolling motor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Never heard of lubricating a trolling motor
    Ultrex trolling motors need periodic pivot bushing inspections. Pivot arm torx screws will snap off as well from rough usage. These are great motors but need to be maintained yearly.

5. Member
    Yes, it seems it needs some pinpointed lubrication of some sort to keep it moving freely. The slider mechanism for sure has gotten to be a little resistant, so it just needs something to keep it sliding easy, like when it was new. I haven't done anything to maintain it the two years I've had it, so it made think it would be smart to hit the slider, pins and whatnot that pivot to keep things working properly.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS