Water pressure gauge

Hey guys....Just got a new boat with an Atlas 10” hydro Jackplate and a Suzuki 250SS. Before getting into
    adjusting heights and playing with the Jackplate, I want to have a water pressure gauge installed. Here is the fun part. Dealer I bought this from is a great dealer.....and 2 hours away from me. I called the closest Suzuki dealer inquiring about price and when they could install it. Fella tells me that he has never been able to find a reliable location to tap into for gauge readings. Admittedly, they are mostly a pontoon dealer and not a performance dealer.
    I don’t mind doing install myself, I just have kids running around due to Covid. Is his statement true? Is there a way? Thanks guys!

2. Member
    IT being a 250ss it should have came with it. Hyd. plate you have to have it. other other wise its guess on water pressure .DEARLER should no this.

3. Member
    Circumstances of me acquiring this boat are under contract, and I made a few adjustments at the factory. The question is, is this other dealer correct....if not, where is the standard tap in? My SS did not come with a water pressure gauge.

4. Member
    I'm not sure. But someone on here will come along with more info, There is a couple guys on here with some knowledge on this. you need that water pressure guage.

5. Member
    My 200 was dealer installed and they hooked up a WP gauge. If you get one installed, which I'm sure you can, don't get one that is more than 15 PSI full reading, my 200 only gets 10-11 full throttle.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    My 200 was dealer installed and they hooked up a WP gauge. If you get one installed, which I'm sure you can, don't get one that is more than 15 PSI full reading, my 200 only gets 10-11 full throttle.
    thats what I have heard as well. Thank you.

7. Member
    I know that Sam has installed it and his username is eliteangler and you are better off emailing him since he doesn't come on the message board that much lately due to work. Another thing that I would recommend is changing out the screens on your lower unit to help improve water flow, the part numbers are in this thread: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....hlight=screens

Lastly, I didn't install the water pressure gauge on my 250SS and I just monitor my engine temperature via a NMEA 2000 network plug and I have the engine data displayed on my HDS Live unit. During the summertime, I would recommend idling your motor for a few minutes to drop the engine temp to below 155 after running WOT or you will start evaporating fuel in the VST and fuel cooler since they are right next to the engine block and you'll start having starting issues. Enjoy your 250SS!!
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.